• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LSL: Reloaded

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 26 August 2013 01:08 PM
Jim Bob - 25 August 2013 07:14 PM

A game to cherish rather than rush through.

That seems to be the case with every game that Josh Mandel wrote or helped write. You should play Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon, the amount of funny descriptions and actions that yield a unique response is just insane. And it’s consistently funny! Smile

Being a good friend of Josh, I couldn’t agree more. Although my comments regarding this game might put a strain on the relationship.

TimovieMan - 26 August 2013 01:08 PM

That seems to be the case with every game that Josh Mandel wrote or helped write.

Ted Williams, in his best year, posted an out six out of every ten times he came to bat. While I think this game is a clunker, I think Josh is well represented by great games.

I’m surprised FPFP hasn’t been nominated for a community playthrough. I would have done it myself, but didn’t want to be accused of obvious bias. (Actually I may have done it, but it is so far back in the thread that it no longer matters.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If anyone was thinking what the Larry swag would look like, I know I was, there’s a thread at Replay that has some fuzzy shots from the items that have been received by the backers:
https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1286

I have to admit, the box looks much better than I expected. The logo looks nicer on that actual box than it ever did on digital format.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

In the words of the immortal master:

(interesting sentiment that’s true to al lowe’s life. afterall, his career went from music teacher to video game designer later in life with dreams of being a famous jazz musician. does larry’s mid-life crisis parallel al’s own personal ambition for greatness? is the land of the lounge lizards some personal reflection of lowe’s own journey through hell to find his place on earth? this is getting very meta, i will leave these thoughts here unexamined.)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yup that is the only way to get past Prodigious P . Sarcastic

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If someone has been on the edge deciding if to buy Larry R, it’s now -33% off in Steam. Personally I think that’s the price tag it should have had from the beginning.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Does that mean they’re charging 33% more for it?  Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lambonius - 01 September 2013 09:48 AM

Does that mean they’re charging 33% more for it?  Wink

Worse: 49%! Rule of three, you know… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Oded Sharon, from Adventure Mob, the initial studio associated with LSL1:HD, is currently kickstarting his own adventure: Bolt Riley (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soundguy/bolt-riley-a-reggae-adventure-game).

Nevertheless, there are some LSL related issues:
In addition to a pretty decent 2011 1-screen demo for LSL1:HD (Leftys-bar.com), some (to me) new details were revealed regarding them being dumped by Replay, and not financially compensated at all.
(http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/bolt-riley-kickstarter-adventure-game-co-designed-by-quest-for-glory-creators.87526/)
That was totally new to me, as I always understood they did get some money.
Unfortunately, Oded is “under a threat of lawsuit by Replay”, so we’ll never know the details, but it just doesn’t make sense to me. What am I missing? And how easy can you sue somebody in Israel as a US-based company?

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Of what I recall Isreal software companies do a lot of outsourcing business with USA based companies, in fact as much that it could be said that software business in Israel is almost an extension of US business (though this is based on an outsourcing study that is a couple of years old). That’s the reason Replay originally chose Adventure Mob I believe. So I’d figure there’s a lot of systems in place, that have been put up during the years, in order to make business between two different countries and their systems easier. It would go to reason this includes legistelative matters as well.

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Still lame action of Replay to threat with lawsuits though, especially when they did not compensate them financially.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I was told that Adventure Mob had agreed to make the demo on spec (which I totally believe, because they were not an established studio and they were trying to land a big gig). After Replay dropped them, they supposedly offered Adventure Mob a modest sum in compensation on good faith; an amount that sounded, to me, to be fair, but which I won’t disclose.

I was told Adventure Mob was unhappy with that amount and tried to bill Replay for roughly 10 times that amount, which, if they paid it, would have ruined their ability to actually produce the game.

I don’t know if this means that Adventure Mob declined the smaller amount that was offered to them or not, but there’s two sides to every story. It’s very clear, at least, that Replay didn’t have any contractual obligation to pay AM, and if AM had a problem with that they should have worked that out before hand.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

come on guys who cares, we all know that there is an asshole running replay games, so whenever he is being such an ass one shouldn’t be surprised !

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Thanks Frogacuda for your always great insights Smile
I was wondering, did this info come to you by Trowe in the same interview where he declined to be Gamespygeek Wink ? Or is your source Mandel or Lowe?
Regardless, the AM deal does make sense.

Thanks!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this is funny , I found this post at facebook, about ‘Replay Games being now like an abandoned house with an overgrown lawn’. 
3-4 pages of the general discussion forum were about kitchens. (replay kitchens & interiors)
https://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewforum.php?f=8
it seems that spammers have settled down in Replay Games forums, and feeling very comfy.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The last time I visited Replay’s forums I was thinking about those kitchen spammers. I mean is there really such a huge demand for kitchen renovation in England, that it warrants 24/7 spamming? I mean, it looked like they all were spamming for british kitchen renovators instead your typical online casion, flash etc. games and/or male potency medication. Talk about wasted audience.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top