• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 28 March 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Maggie, watch out for the giant spider!!!

Easter egg week, day 4. The Curse of Monkey Island had lots of Easter eggs, especially the two famous MI1-themed eggs. But since that reference to The Dig is possibly not as well-known (at least I don’t think I knew about it), I’ve decided to feature it today.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wait, what? Gasp
How come I didn’t know about this? I’ve played the darn game three times! Crazy

What do you need to do to get this easter egg???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Yeah, I know! I had never heard about it either. I was looking for pictures from the Melee forest or drowned Guybrush Easter eggs, and then I stumbled upon that. Tried it in-game myself, and it does work, but I definitely didn’t know about it.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Wow! I didn’t know about this either! At first I was a bit embarrassed for not knowing, considering I’ve played the game incredibly many times, but then I saw what you need to do to activate it… You have to suffer from some serious obsessive compulsive behaviour to figure out this one on you own Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Christ, I don’t think I’ve entered Stan’s crypt that many times in three playthroughs combined… Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Psh, noobs Cool

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I believe i actually found the easter egg purely by accident. What can i say i was hopelessly stuck and convinced Stan could help me Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Iznogood - 28 March 2013 05:38 PM

I believe i actually found the easter egg purely by accident. What can i say i was hopelessly stuck and convinced Stan could help me Smile

Pretty much the same, as far as I remember, though I don’t think I entered 35 - 40 times to get it. I don’t know if there’s a set number on it, or if it’s based on a very small percentage of chance?

What I do remember, is that it caught me by surprise and I then tried to leave and enter a ton of times to replicate it because I thought it was actually something related to the game and not just an easter egg!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 28 March 2013 10:34 PM

What I do remember, is that it caught me by surprise and I then tried to leave and enter a ton of times to replicate it because I thought it was actually something related to the game and not just an easter egg!

As a big fan of The Dig (which I’ve played well before Curse of Monkey Island), I would have immediately recognized it as an easter egg.

Had you not yet played The Dig at that point???

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 29 March 2013 07:26 AM

As a big fan of The Dig (which I’ve played well before Curse of Monkey Island), I would have immediately recognized it as an easter egg.

There is another Dig Easter Egg reference in Curse of Monkey Island.  Laughing

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 29 March 2013 07:30 AM

That’s the one where Guybrush sticks his hand into the crack between the crypt and the gravedigger’s shack, right?

IIRC, Guybrush takes on a bad German accent and says something like “Aaah, my hand is stuck! You’ll have to cut it off!”

That one cracks me up every time… Tongue

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

TimovieMan - 29 March 2013 07:26 AM

I had, but I didn’t actually notice the whole spider sequence before it was almost done, so I just saw a big, fat spider crawling away!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

What other easter eggs do you guys remember from the game? The only one’s I can think of atm is the one by the shore in part 3 where you meet a drowned Guybrush from SoMI and the picture of Max that you can see if you go back to the barbershop while Van Helgen is doing his banjo solo. Kuru, you said there was 2 famous MI1 theme’d eggs, what was the other?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Dag - 29 March 2013 02:53 PM

What other easter eggs do you guys remember from the game? The only one’s I can think of atm is the one by the shore in part 3 where you meet a drowned Guybrush from SoMI and the picture of Max that you can see if you go back to the barbershop while Van Helgen is doing his banjo solo. Kuru, you said there was 2 famous MI1 theme’d eggs, what was the other?

In the Goodsoup crypt if you stick your head in the crack near where you come out of the coffin your head comes out of one of the tree stumps in the MI1 maze. The same stump that if you look into in MI1 it makes a joke about being able to swueeze into then asks you to insert a disk thats not in the box.

also

I remember trying the jedi mind trick on the cabana boy.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 29 March 2013 12:17 PM
Lucien21 - 29 March 2013 07:30 AM

That’s the one where Guybrush sticks his hand into the crack between the crypt and the gravedigger’s shack, right?

IIRC, Guybrush takes on a bad German accent and says something like “Aaah, my hand is stuck! You’ll have to cut it off!”

That one cracks me up every time… Tongue

That’s the one.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top