• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale new game The Wolf Among Us

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 28 March 2013 12:55 AM

You’ll just have to take my word on it. Or don’t.

And, of course, nothing’s impossible, but they’d have to negotiate a deal all over again.

So, in other words, you have no information nor any kind of evidence to back up your claim that the deal is dead and needs to be renegotiated. That’s fine. Was just curious.

Can you provide evidence of what the original deal was, or is it just more speculative opinion?

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

fov - 27 March 2013 11:32 PM

They’ll be talking about it at E3, so we might not know “what kind of game it is” before then, but they’ve already said not to expect a Walking Dead clone. Have faith!

I’m positive I read Dan Connors say in an interview that they’ll be incorporating a lot of stuff that worked in TWD into Fables. Now, what that stuff is exactly, I don’t know. Could be referring to anything.  But we’ll see, I guess.  Wink

And yeah, it’s been pretty clear for a while that KQ ain’t happening. Which isn’t too bad a thing, IMO, because it was always such an odd fit with Telltale. What is disappointing is that it’s taken them so long to acknowledge it’s non-happening.

Now, if they were to go ahead and replace it with Discworld, all would be forgiven! Tongue

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

A.A - 28 March 2013 03:11 AM

And yeah, it’s been pretty clear for a while that KQ ain’t happening.

But you have no evidence or firsthand knowledge that KQ isn’t happening, right? You are just guessing. Just because they’ve refused comment so far doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

Quest1 - 28 March 2013 01:05 AM

So, in other words, you have no information nor any kind of evidence to back up your claim that the deal is dead and needs to be renegotiated. That’s fine. Was just curious.

Can you provide evidence of what the original deal was, or is it just more speculative opinion?

He’s speculating but is pretending that he has secret insider info from mysterious guys in suits who have declared it’s not happening.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

JuntMonkey - 28 March 2013 04:22 AM

He’s speculating but is pretending that he has secret insider info from mysterious guys in suits who have declared it’s not happening.

Ok, I see. Sorry to ask questions about it in a thread related to another game. I just love King’s Quest and am eagerly anticipating any news from Telltale about what their KQ plans are, so, when I see people claim to know what’s going on, I want to know what their evidence is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, after Fables they already said Season 2 of the Walking Dead is coming in the fall, so even they are still working in a King’s Quest game we won’t see it for another year probably.

Concerning the style of the Fables game, the press release mentions “choice and consequence” in clear reference to the Walking Dead but I hope they go in a more detective-adventure style (kind of like Discworld Noir) because it would fit more with the setting in my opinion.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I can confirm the KQ status hasn’t changed since its announcement and this is just by straight up asking a friend who works there. Its not a leak, nor is it an announcement. It just isn’t canceled.

Anyways, the game is still Fables. The choice to change its name wasn’t to avoid anything, but to establish its purpose. The game wasn’t to retell the story established through the series, but to create an aspect of a story that incorporates with the series. Its still Fables. The only reason why it was announced as Fables was to create buzz that Telltale was making a game under that license, not because the game literally was going to be called Fables.

If anyone even read the announcement it said “Telltale Games is partnering with Warner Brothers and DC Comics to create games based on FABLES”. Fans will do what fans have always done. Misinterpret.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Monolith - 28 March 2013 07:20 AM

I can confirm the KQ status hasn’t changed since its announcement.

Its status since its announcement is that it wasn’t in development then and it still isn’t.

I honestly don’t know how difficult it would be for TTG to revive the deal they had for the KQ series. I could be overstating the extent of the problem. But until there’s a new deal and a new announcement, I’m going to remain pessimistic.

Quest1 - 28 March 2013 01:05 AM

Can you provide evidence of what the original deal was

Yeah, I’ll fax you a copy of the contract right away.

Call it a rumor, that’s fine. I’m not trying to convince anyone, I just wish people would stop getting their hopes up about this game.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Could this be the first hand drawn 2D adventure from Telltale? After all, it’s based on a hand drawn franchise… but they’ll probably find some reason to present it in blocky 3D instead.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Dag - 28 March 2013 07:57 AM

Could this be the first hand drawn 2D adventure from Telltale? After all, it’s based on a hand drawn franchise… but they’ll probably find some reason to present it in blocky 3D instead.

Not unless time travellers have gone back and destroyed Puzzle Agent.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Come on Telltale, let’s see a trailer! Artwork looks nifty.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Frogacuda - 28 March 2013 08:02 AM

Hector
Strong Bad

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Isn’t Puzzle Agent more of a casual game/lite adventure? I don’t know, I never played it, but that’s the impression I got. Anyway, I’m hoping for hand drawn stuff…

Didn’t play Strong Bad either (besides, handrawn isn’t enough on it’s own, there has to be some quality to it), but Hector wasn’t developed by Telltale, they only published it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Oscar - 28 March 2013 08:08 AM

Hector
Strong Bad

Well Hector they only did a port of and Strong Bad was 3D.

Dag - 28 March 2013 08:12 AM

Isn’t Puzzle Agent more of a casual game/lite adventure?

It’s a puzzle-adventure, but I don’t think “casual” or “adventure lite” is really fair. Would you call 7th Guest “adventure lite?”

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

LOL!

Ah, Nelson Tethers—my favorite Telltale character. I just wish they’d make a third game in the PA series.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top