• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale new game The Wolf Among Us

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Old name Fables

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/telltales-fables-is-called-the-wolf-among-us?abthid=5153251c5371ebed10000006

Nice art and vertigo comics are nice proposition.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So finally we got some info about Fables. Maybe after this there will finally be something concrete about the King’s Quest game.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 27 March 2013 03:07 PM

Maybe after this there will finally be something concrete about the King’s Quest game.

There won’t. That deal is long dead. It’s not happening.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes! So happy to be confirmed their next game. So muck potential in this universe.
Now, to wait for some actual details.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 27 March 2013 04:15 PM

Maybe after this there will finally be something concrete about the King’s Quest game.

Considering Fables was announced about the same time with King’s Quest and both games have had next to none publicity about their development it’s still safe to say, that with Telltale it’s over only after they say it is one way or an another.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

tomimt - 27 March 2013 05:15 PM

Considering Fables was announced about the same time with King’s Quest and both games have had next to none publicity about their development it’s still safe to say, that with Telltale it’s over only after they say it is one way or an another.

Unfortunately, in this case, it isn’t really Telltale’s call.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Probably a good move to move away from the name Fables, so people don’t confuse this with the Fable series of games from Lionhead/Microsoft. Would probably get MS all huffed and puffed too, protecting their IP and what not, understandably.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Hm yeah, smart move with the name change. It cant hurt because while fables is a well known name in comics, i cant imagine the IP brings much recognition to a videogame… except for that rpg… which is not the effect they want. Im pretty excited for this.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 27 March 2013 09:37 PM

Probably a good move to move away from the name Fables, so people don’t confuse this with the Fable series of games from Lionhead/Microsoft. Would probably get MS all huffed and puffed too, protecting their IP and what not, understandably.

That’s a good point. I didn’t think about it but it’s probably a good reason to change the original name.

The little details present in the press release are also smart. Bigby Wolf being the main character is the only right choice, and setting the game before the events of the comic with the Adversary gives them a little freedom to explore the unique setting.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Is this a new series—not something based on an already-established comic book/film? If so, that’s great! I mean I love Kings Quest and all, as well as new life being breathed into a classic game series, but man, I really wish a good company would try something new! I’m tired of leaving all the new games to indie developers (although much of the best work lately is being done in the indie realm—I particularly love Wadjet Eye).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s based on a comic book series

Edit: fixed the link or not…

Edit 2: lol Maybe the Vertigo comics link will work

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Working off of IP’s is pretty much telltale’s thing. With this they chose a really awesome under-appreciated comic, so while its not a new IP, it will feel that way for most people.

lol oh funny, the forum format is messing up the wiki link.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m more interested in what kind of game it will be. If it is anything like TWD which i suspect it will be, then i will pass on it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

They’ll be talking about it at E3, so we might not know “what kind of game it is” before then, but they’ve already said not to expect a Walking Dead clone. Have faith!

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 27 March 2013 04:15 PM

Can you please post your evidence to back up your claim that the KQ deal is dead? Or is it just your speculative opinion?

I am interested to see what your evidence is.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

You’ll just have to take my word on it. Or don’t.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top