• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissiefurgottenJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Recommendations thread .. (Ask or Advice) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Well, I think I confronting a whole new world these/nowa-days; I never been into those (A)devnture(G)ame(S)tudio products, always thought; if free then there is a big possibility of it being rubbish, and I turned out wrong since there are many adventures ‘lately’ ‘of those’ turned out to be top class (and not necessarily free).

So.. I am taking my chances for the next months or so (until SpaceVenture is out Tongue) to play as much as I can of those.. So(again) I need some help or advice here. And let me put it this way; what would it be if I asked what are your top 10 or at least the best I could play without having to be very disappointed.

If there is a thread about this issue already (that I missed) it would be nice to direct me to and we could turn this discussion toward to it, and ‘again n; again’ its not the matter of freewares that I am about here.

ThankxxxX

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Did you forget about the Freeware Game Recommendations??? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

maybe, but I was more into AGs made with AGS only, whether free or not.. but thanks!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

for those who played Valiant Hearts, is enjoyable to play on PC (which I would rather use) or is it more recommended for I-Pad/OS ??

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t know how the controls are in the iOS version but the game has platformer elements that require some timing so the controls are probably better on PC.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 20 December 2014 01:01 PM

for those who played Valiant Hearts, is enjoyable to play on PC (which I would rather use) or is it more recommended for I-Pad/OS ??

I’m not sure how it plays on a pad, but I’d recommend playing it with a controller if you can. Check out motioninjoy, which allows the use of xbox and ps3 controllers with a pc. As far as I’ve gathered, it’s completely legal (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well, thanks Wilco and thanks Dag, that is encouraging enough to start running it on my PC, I think I will never be able to appreciate playing ags other wise!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Playing troll song, a very nice ag free ag that I recommend, the gameplaying is kinda innovative as well, as it rely on the verbs usage more than the common aspect of mostly inventory’.

but one thing I can not understand; the game is fully voiced (not that good but still suits the troll character) and its size on disk is 27MB ONLY?!! .. I know that AGs are always very small sized but not when its voiced and to not to this extent!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Prominence, how did this adventure fall out of my radar, its not that i played (yet) or even* tried, its just that i was going through the latest user reviews section (since long ago when its was taken off the main/front page) and surprisingly found each gamer who had reviewed (or at rated) it here had given it full score !!

honestly, i hate it when this happen, when i find out i had missed one adventure almost all gamers here already played and praised and it seems i am the only one who had hardly heard about.

is it thaaat good?.
impressions, please.
thanks.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yes, Prominence is quite good. Think Mission Critical with a few plot twists and you will know what to expect.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 29 April 2016 09:46 PM

Yes, Prominence is quite good. Think Mission Critical with a few plot twists and you will know what to expect.

i havent played Mission Critical Oscar, but tplease ell me what do you* think of its gameplaying?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It’s fine. You walk around a ship, exploring and fixing problems as you discover what went wrong. Figuring out how to get from A to B. There are no mini-games, sliders, mazes or action sequences. It’s not a very difficult game.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 30 April 2016 03:41 AM

It’s fine. You walk around a ship, exploring and fixing problems as you discover what went wrong. Figuring out how to get from A to B. There are no mini-games, sliders, mazes or action sequences. It’s not a very difficult game.

that is VERY convenient, Thanks!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lumino City is brilliant .. what else am i missing. ( figuratively )

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

Hi, I’m quite enjoying “The Eyes of Ara”, played most of it and nearing the end. I want some similar games (sort of like Myst style, but more focused on puzzles with average difficulty I guess).

I loved for example “The Room”, and “Safecracker”, any other games like those ? Thanks,

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top