• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyCharophyceanGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down (update: Al Lowe’s okay with it)

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Al’s response clarifies things. I admit I was premature in claiming the project was a scam, when in reality it was poorly executed and communicated. I think Paul Trowe’s overreaction clouded a bit of my judgment.

Still, I think Ken comes off unprofessionally in how he’s presented this project. Then again, so does Paul in his response.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

“I want to clarify with the media, the public, and the Kickstarter community what’s been in the press lately about my relationship with Wisecrack Games. I have no intention of suing Wisecrack, which has my permission to use my name and likeness regarding my involvement with Sam Suede.”

Well, if this is what Al Lowe said, then I think Paul Trowe and Replay should be careful not to get a cease and desist order (e. g. libel, slander) or other legal action from Wisecrack against them. The damage their public statements have done to the project and its kickstarter is immense.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I wonder why VentureBeat didn’t include *that* quote of Al’s in their article update? It seems to go to the heart of the issue they’re reporting…

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Paul Trowe’s now been harassing Steve Ince on Twitter. That’s a pleasant and dignified thing to do… Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

What’s worse is how Steve Ince was dragged into this out of nowhere. He’s only collaborating with the project as a freelance writer, yet he’s had to deal with aggressive accusations in public.

Edit: I read Jatsie’s post later. Indeed, and on Facebook too.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Jatsie - 31 May 2012 06:46 PM

Paul Trowe’s now been harassing Steve Ince on Twitter. That’s a pleasant and dignified thing to do… Shifty Eyed

Yuck!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Geesh. This isnt about to get any less ugly.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

So, do you think the success of the Larry Kickstarter is starting to get to Paul’s head? lol

Still not pledging money to this. SpaceVenture is more important to me and needs the most help.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

This Trowe guy reminds me so much of this character Laughing
The King of Comedy

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Even if they do somehow right this ship, me oh my, their reward tiers need reworking anyway. After the 500 level everything is just a simple digital perk (except for 10k, which only includes the $250 and below tiers!). Who in their right mind would pay 8k to be “a naked beach character” and get nothing else? They should be paying you for that imo.

EDIT: oh i see, they directly borrowed this tier model from LSL.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Arial Type - 31 May 2012 08:48 PM

This Trowe guy reminds me so much of this character Laughing
The King of Comedy

I pegged Paul Trowe as being more like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_Xm8GQW14

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

So, let me understand this. Replay Games is suing because they say Al is misrepresented, but Al himself doesnt want to sue? If Al doesnt care, why is Paul Trowe so bothered about it? And why do they say in every press release that “Leisure Suit Larry creator” wants infringing kickstarter taken down? Or does Paul consider himself the LSL creator now. The whole thing stinks.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^i think paul jumped the gun… i doubt theres going to be a lawsuit.

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Jatsie - 31 May 2012 06:46 PM

Don’t worry, I’ll set my Dad on him.  Grin

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

^^ haha!!that should teach him a lesson…

but seriously after this whole thing ,i get the feeling that Trowe is more likely to be the guy trying to use Al Lowe’s name and he’s annoyed somebody else tried to do the same.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top