• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games wants “infringing” Kickstarter campaign taken down (update: Al Lowe’s okay with it)

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Hey guys - internet mobs are not cool. Let’s lay off the speculation, please.

(I just deleted a post with Paul Trowe’s phone number in it and the suggestion for people to try calling him… that kind of thing is not okay here!)

EDIT: Oh, hi Jack. Smile

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i agree with the phone thing.and there is the offchance we’re wrong but I quote Steve Ince on this:
“That’s pretty shameful *if true* considering all the accusations he’s been throwing around”
and
“That’s all very unfortunate.There’s a sense that the whole adventure game genre has been betrayed not just those games(kickstarter projects)”

now i apologise to Steve for using his words but if it is true they ring with great effect.

my opinion is that the people who’ve been wronged have the right to take action against this even if this means the LSL remakes don’t get made.

just ask yourselves this.do you really want people like that in the industry and even trusting them with your money?till now i thought this genre was the most pure.apart from the whole team bondi fiasco i haven’t heard anything else.maybe i’m naive but i like to think that everyone involved in the developer scene in this genre has some ethics.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

zane - 31 May 2012 07:02 PM

Geesh. This isnt about to get any less ugly.

You’re right past-me. Less ugly this is not.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

jhetfield21 - 05 June 2012 07:28 PM

my opinion is that the people who’ve been wronged have the right to take action against this even if this means the LSL remakes don’t get made.

Whooooooa, wait a minute - let’s not go cray-cray!

If you want to stick it to Paul Trowe then help get SpaceVenture (or Sam Suede) funded!

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I kinda love whoever suggested telephoning him, just because of the sheer craziness of that notion. xD

But yeah, you probably shouldn’t do that, kids. Tongue

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

thejobloshow - 05 June 2012 09:18 PM

Whooooooa, wait a minute - let’s not go cray-cray!

If you want to stick it to Paul Trowe then help get SpaceVenture (or Sam Suede) funded!

i was referring to the possibility that these projects couldn’t get made.if so he really did harm them.if they do get made he would have just lost them some bucks but the goal will have been met so no problem.

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

now i apologise to Steve for using his words

I don’t mind that, however we need to be clear that the important words there are, “if true”.

Personally, I’d like to move on from this and put my energies into driving the Sam Suede project forward.  I also want to encourage people to support other adventure projects such as Tex Murphy and SpaceVenture.

Even Leisure Suit Larry - for Al Lowe, Josh Mandell and the AdventureMob guys.

I don’t feel threatened in any way by other adventure games.  In fact, I believe that a series of strong adventure games can only strengthen the genre and, in the long term, benefit us all - gamers and developers alike.

Support Sam Suede and I promise to deliver the best work I can.

Support other projects and you’ll feel good about making our favourite genre even better.

Thanks.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Steve Ince - 06 June 2012 09:07 AM

I don’t mind that, however we need to be clear that the important words there are, “if true”.

hence the asterisks around them Wink

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

This whole affair is a disgrace, and it will be remembered, apologies or no. I recall that after Doublefine raised their money, Forbes wrote that ‘Financing for indie games might never be the same again’. The same sentence applies now, only different.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-05-20

PM

It seems Paul Trowe wants to make it seem like he is innocent:

Let’s play an imagination game. What would happen if all the backers of the Larry project were made aware of the information that has been provided on this forum and in several other places? Would they agree with this kind of behaviour? How many of them would feel the need to withdraw their pledges?
Would the Larry project still be funded if the Kickstarter was starting right now?

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

supaplex - 07 June 2012 04:55 AM

It seems Paul Trowe wants to make it seem like he is innocent:

“We traced their IP number”?
GUI interface using visual basic to track the killers IP address CSI

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i was thinking the same thing….lol

i seriously doubt they can do it…it’s very difficult.and i imagine there’s no need for someone with that kind of knowledge at replay games or even Trowe’s second company.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

On the IP thing… check irishsmile’s posts in this topic:
http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/topic/438-mixnmojo-is-paul-trowe-of-replay-sabotaging-other-kickstarters/
Most importantly this:

I have no clue what’s going on.. But it seems to me like there is definitely a behind the scenes tug of war going on to tarnish a public image.. Paul obviously has no problem saying exactly what is on his mind publicly so I kind of doubt he made fake accounts but that WAS his picture they used.. Then there is the multiple uses of ip addys from Chicago so there is some underhanded things going on against replay trying to get people to ask for their money back… Its possible someone used Paula pic made posts and then said “oh look what I found” the only people motivated to do that is wisecrack games who are blaming Paul’s public statements about their game… Wisecrack who in my opinion already has been pretty sleazy in their presentation of their product.. But who really knows… honestly
do we care?  This was all on my phone excuse any mistakes

All too blown out of proportions in my opinion, and people forget that Wisecrack aren’t exactly angels either. Their intentional misleading when they started their Kickstarter campaign speaks worse for them than the only thing that’s proven so far about Paul Trowe, which is that he talks a lot without thinking what he says.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

If ‘Jiminy’s’ comments are plants by Wisecrack, Trowe would have repudiated it instantly. However, that’s not what happened. This story broke and the Jiminy MySpace and Kickstarter account was abruptly taken down.

Furthermore, lol@ip tracing. Irishsmile is now quoting Paul’s Twitter page. Where’s THAT proof at?

And yes, Irish, we do care when someone attacks the Two Guys from Andromeda.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

irishsmile is moderator at Replay Games, so he could have IP info.

Now, you may not believe him because he’s moderator there… but there you go.

And since we’re trowing suppositions around (Paul Trowe would have done that, or would have done this), how about this:

- if it was done by Wisecrack, then they could have removed those accounts just as well, to increase the suspicion
- why would Paul Trowe attack the Two Guys and then post an update on Larry’s Kickstarter page encouraging their backers to support SpaceVenture?

I find it funny that for some people it’s easier to trust Wisecrack which have proven to be liars and deceivers right from the start.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top