• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beyond: Two Souls

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

I’m glad it’s doing rather well too, despite the unjustified bashing on most of the reviews.

xxax’s comment is just plain ignorant and a dead give-away that someone hasn’t played the game. Trolls be trolling.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

nomadsoul - 23 January 2014 11:38 AM

Aiden control aint like that ^^^ buddy, thats failed attempt.

¸

Oh forgot about all that freedom… The way you can float to a predetermined point (and only that point) and do the predetermined action (and only that action). Yes quite.

Oh and i have finished the game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

xxax - 23 January 2014 12:09 PM
nomadsoul - 23 January 2014 11:38 AM

Aiden control aint like that ^^^ buddy, thats failed attempt.

¸

Oh forgot about all that freedom… The way you can float to a predetermined points and do the predetermined actions. Yes quite.

Oh and i have finished the game.

Fixed! Grin

Atleast you accept its Game Tongue

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

xxax your last argument can be applied to any game out there. Most adventure games are even more linear. You can solve only one puzzle to advance and it can be solved in a predetermined way. Then you move on to the next puzzle. Here you have at least some flexibility as to what happens.

That reminds me, that I liked how some of the choices are not forced on you and you are just thrown into a situation and you act like you would in that situation, without realising that you’ve actually made a choice. The bar scene for example, you can choose to play pool and take your chances or just walk away, since the situation is starting to get a little iffy

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

xxax - 23 January 2014 11:21 AM

Actually its quite easy to replicate the experience. When watching a movie just press random buttons on your controller and it should give you the same sensation like when playing Beyond. Its important also to use simple movies since complex ones aren’t in the spirit of the “game”.

What a silly post. I wasn’t much of a fan of Beyond either, probably for some of the same reasons as you, but the constant bashing on these types of games and the people who likes them is getting very tiresome. Why can’t anyone state that they’ve enjoyed a Telltale or David Cage game without having their post followed by cynical sarcasm?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oh forgot about all that freedom… The way you can float to a predetermined point (and only that point) and do the predetermined action (and only that action). Yes quite.

...or not, and the game still goes on…

My guess is you missed 80% of what the game had to offer… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

The game successfully convincing players that the way each sequence plays out for them is the only way it can, is probably the most interesting thing about Beyond Two Souls.

It’s a real curates egg, with more than its fair share of issues and definitely won’t appeal to everyone, but to dismiss it outright is foolish.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Tamiil - 23 January 2014 01:03 PM

xxax your last argument can be applied to any game out there. Most adventure games are even more linear. You can solve only one puzzle to advance and it can be solved in a predetermined way. Then you move on to the next puzzle. Here you have at least some flexibility as to what happens.

That reminds me, that I liked how some of the choices are not forced on you and you are just thrown into a situation and you act like you would in that situation, without realising that you’ve actually made a choice. The bar scene for example, you can choose to play pool and take your chances or just walk away, since the situation is starting to get a little iffy

Yes but those “choices” do absolutely nothing to impact gameplay. I had the same problem with Walking Dead but at least there the story kept me going.

And i’m not talking about the games linear nature, since almost all games have this to a degree, im talking about the fact the player is not needed. Whatever you do you end up at the “choose your ending screen” and thats it. The only reason to replay the game is to see the slightly different changes and get achievements.

TimovieMan - 23 January 2014 03:00 PM

...or not, and the game still goes on…

My guess is you missed 80% of what the game had to offer… Smile

And please tell me what it had to offer? It had one of the most cliche and boring stories ever devised.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m as much a PC gamer as anyone. I counted that through the years quite the majority of my adventure games played have always been played on the PC.

That said, I did buy a used PS3 for $119 dollars and all the adventure games on it at very good prices.

One of those adventure games was “Beyond Two Souls” - which graphics wise was simply amazing.

Story - I actually enjoyed it, while not as deep as many movies I’ve watched it was different and I wanted to get to the end.

Gameplay was a very mixed bag, but again was different so I actually enjoyed it.

With PS3 adventure games selling in the millions of copies - I would be surprised if we didn’t see a few good ones pop up on the PS4 eventually.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The PS4 remaster is being released next week on PSN. Retail bundle with Heavy Rain next year. Some new stuff:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/19/beyond-two-souls-releases-digitally-on-ps4-26th-november/

The PS4 edition of the game features a number of improvements:

Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity

Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players

You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!

Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC in the base game

I’m interested in replaying and checking the new stuff, but I’ll probably wait for the bundle with Heavy Rain.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

An enhanced release with Heavy Rain would be quite the deal, the pS4 is getting more tempting by the day…..

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top