• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beyond: Two Souls

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Yes, artistically the best cinematic ag is coming:

‘Beyond: Two Souls’ releasing in October, Willem Dafoe joins cast

Oscar-nominated actor Willem Dafoe has joined the Beyond: Two Souls cast, starring alongside Ellen Page as government scientist Nathan Dawkins.

Speaking about the game’s two acting leads, Beyond: Two Souls writer David Cage said: “Ellen and Willem were casted for their immense talent and they bring with them the same passion and dedication you would see in the movies they star in.
“Never before have I seen this calibre of acting performance in a video game.”

The game explores the mysteries of death and tackles the subject of what lies on the other side.

David Cage described the game as “emotional, mature, unique” and “epic”, explaining that the game’s story will be shaped by the choices that players make.

Will it be a big leap for adv.gaming too?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve been both looking forward to AND hating this game ever since they announced it at E3 (we had a thread about it back then).

Looking forward to this, because it looks amazing, and because both Ellen Page (who’s Oscar-nominated too, you know Wink) and Willem Dafoe can do little wrong in my book.

Hating it since it’s PS3/PS4 exclusive. And I don’t want to buy a PS3 only for this, Heavy Rain, Ni-No-Kuni and maybe Journey… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

While this exclusive games list keep piling up it’s only matter of time for us buy&sell; a ps(?).

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m looking forward to this, but I’m a little skeptical at the same time. All David Cage’s work has the same problems. The ideas there, but the scripting and story is so bad in parts it completely destroys the game. All of his games have gone completely crazy in the final acts. Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit. I’m hoping this isnt the same..plus, Cage is a bit of a pretentious..

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Yeah, I knew it was going to hit PS4, so I’m no doubt excited for it! Grin Looks AMAZING!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Tad - 01 March 2013 03:03 PM

I’m looking forward to this, but I’m a little skeptical at the same time. All David Cage’s work has the same problems. The ideas there, but the scripting and story is so bad in parts it completely destroys the game. All of his games have gone completely crazy in the final acts. Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit. I’m hoping this isnt the same..plus, Cage is a bit of a pretentious..

I think Cage’s general problems about story will compensate better by star actors this time.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m really hoping the writing doesn’t embarrass Willem Dafoe - but if he’s brave enough to appear in a Lars von Trier film, he’ll be able to handle David Cage. I’m still only interested in this game because of Ellen Page.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Gabe - 01 March 2013 03:15 PM
Tad - 01 March 2013 03:03 PM

I think Cage’s general problems about story will compensate better by star actors this time.

I dunno. I’m not so convinced. Bad writing is just bad writing and a bad twist in a story and that will kill it. Not much actors can do about that.

Remember how at the start Jason’s dad got hit by the car yet Jason got killed somehow…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The car accident didn’t seem like bad writing - it seemed like self-censorship. I guess Cage wasn’t “mature” enough to show little Jayson going kersplat on the windscreen.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

But it didn’t actually make sense. Jason was caught by his dad, his dad protected him from the impact and in a built up area like that the car wouldn’t of been going so fast. There’s loads of holes in that game and it ruined it. 

If David Cage went to Hollywood with one of his scripts I’m positive he would of been thrown out in laughter.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

His line of works always on paranormal and connected with occult coz of that mundane reasoning doesnt count as holes for me but final acts execution and conclusion really debatable so far.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Very excited for this game.  I loved Heavy Rain and I’m all for hybrids and such.  This game looks great to me.  I’m most excited that there is a release date now (October 8 ), and that it’s still a PS3 game (I was a little paranoid that it would get pushed over to a PS4 exclusive with its release coming so soon).  Can’t wait.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Gabe - 01 March 2013 02:08 PM

All this looks very nice, but that’s what they told us about LA Noire and while I liked that game as an experience I feel art should stick around in your head for more than a few days, and LA Noire didn’t. So you won’t blame me for being suspicious whenever these kind of claims come up. I don’t feel they’ve yet mastered what it takes to turn a video game into a work of art. Which is not to say there haven’t been artistic games - just that they came about by accident, without intending to make them artistic. I mean, Gabriel Knight 2 didn’t claim to be a work of art, just a great game, and it turned out to be both.

Well anyway, this thread is about Beyond Two Souls and I hope it’s as good as they claim!  Laughing

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Obvious flaws of Mr. Cage’s writing talents notwithstanding, there’s no chance I’m NOT getting this. Seriously.

I’ve found both Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain really fun experiences, and I just choose to pay little regard to how ridiculous the writing/plotting invariably gets. 

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Zifnab - 01 March 2013 06:22 PM
Gabe - 01 March 2013 02:08 PM

All this looks very nice, but that’s what they told us about LA Noire and while I liked that game as an experience I feel art should stick around in your head for more than a few days, and LA Noire didn’t. So you won’t blame me for being suspicious whenever these kind of claims come up. I don’t feel they’ve yet mastered what it takes to turn a video game into a work of art. Which is not to say there haven’t been artistic games - just that they came about by accident, without intending to make them artistic. I mean, Gabriel Knight 2 didn’t claim to be a work of art, just a great game, and it turned out to be both.

Well anyway, this thread is about Beyond Two Souls and I hope it’s as good as they claim!  Laughing

As with all art, it’s subjective. The graphics/art in LA Noire stuck with me for a long time. I thought it was awesome.

And I’m so giddy for this game I’m almost guaranteed to be at least somewhat disappointed. Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A.A - 01 March 2013 06:26 PM

Obvious flaws of Mr. Cage’s writing talents notwithstanding, there’s no chance I’m NOT getting this. Seriously.

I’ve found both Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain really fun experiences, and I just choose to pay little regard to how ridiculous the writing/plotting invariably gets. 

I agree here and judging by the new trailer the plot will definitely go crazy again.

And with William Dafoe now!

Can’t wait

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top