• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 20 February 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Simon the Sorcerer and… aliens?!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Bah, aliens. Who’d even want contact, anyway? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

I’ve played the first, the second, (I like them both) and also the bumping-into-walls-and-polygons third game, but I haven’t played the 4th and 5th yet.

I’ve read they’re very different from the other ones…
Does it worth playing them?

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

kate me - 20 February 2013 12:56 PM

Does it worth playing them?

Don’t know about the fifth, but I’d say the fourth one is underrated. As long as you don’t expect Simon the Sorcerer 1/2 level, especially in terms of humor, I think you should give it a go. It’s quite a long game, with plenty of characters and locations.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Maybe I’ll give it a go…I need a new game to play (I’m almost done with Beyond Atlantis 2)

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You should try the 4th Kate. If you absolutely love it (but only then), move on to the 5th.

I liked Chaos Happens but not as much the 5th one. I think if they weren’t attached to Simon the Sorcerer they would be well received; as it is I don’t understand why they attach quite so much vitriol.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Simon 4 and 5 aren’t atrocities like the 3rd game, which should burn forever in hell-fire, but compared to the first two they’re just so “mehh” and clear cash-grabs that has no business of being affiliated with the franchise. Nothing about them really feels like Simon the Sorcerer other than the name and his outfit. It’s a cheap marketing ploy to make us reminisce about the original games and therefor buy these ones, without them actually being proper continuations of the series.

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Thanks guys!
And the votes are coming in…
Just kidding Grin

Well, I can try and see it as a completely new game…

And, I did played the third, so how bad can it be?
If I don’t like it, I’ll throw it out the window, like BS 4. But before that I think I have to give it a chance…

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I actually really liked both the 4th and the 5th. Sure they are not as good as the first two, but definitely worth playing.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Iznogood - 22 February 2013 07:56 AM

I actually really liked both the 4th and the 5th. Sure they are not as good as the first two, but definitely worth playing.

I did too. They didn’t have the charm or humor of the first two but I still enjoyed them.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I liked 4 and 5 well enough… I’ve never played 3 though.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

skeeter_93 - 23 February 2013 10:33 PM

I liked 4 and 5 well enough… I’ve never played 3 though.

Ugh! 3 was the worst. I never played more than 1/2 hour if it so I guess technically I never really played it either.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

CoyoteAG - 24 February 2013 03:00 AM

Ugh! 3 was the worst. I never played more than 1/2 hour if it so I guess technically I never really played it either.

Did that have to do with the graphics and the bugs or the actual game?

Because the actual game (as well as its humour) is vastly underrated, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top