• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy: Any updates?

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Hi folks,

I was not a backer of the Tex Murphy kickstarter, so I’m not eligible to receive updates directly from the guys at Big Finish.

Has there been any updates since the project ended? I’ve not heard much apart from the rewards that have been posted out.

I’m intrigued, I can’t wait for this!

I also am fully prepared for those of you who will say ‘You should have been a backer if you want to know’ but I was stupidly strapped for cash at the time and simply can’t afford it. Minimum wage is a b*tch.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

They’ve been pretty quiet compared to the other projects I’ve backed - there was a sneakpeak greenscreen look at Chandler Avenue but I didn’t watch it as I’d rather be surprised nearer the time.  I don’t mind the relative silence - I don’t want too many spoilers before the thing comes out and I trust them not to take the money and run.  I’d rather they work on the game than be schmoozing.

Would be keen to know how Moebius is doing as I missed backing that - would have done so if it hadn’t come at the same time as so many other Kickstarters (and the later Paypal equivalents seem like you get a lot less content compared to the KS rewards - would have loved a GK design bible but they don’t seem to be included)  Meh

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Have you joined their Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/bigfinishgames

They started shooting all the footage for the game last week.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

thejobloshow - 19 February 2013 05:16 AM

Have you joined their Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/bigfinishgames

They started shooting all the footage for the game last week.

Cool, I am a backer and didn’t even know this Grin

Still trying to resist any screenshots until nearer release day though.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

They post unofficial updates and photos on the blog over at Big Finish Games fairly often, but that part of the site is backers-only.

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

If you would like, you can still become a backer via the Big Finish Games website and Paypal:

http://www.bigfinishgames.com/support-project-fedora-join-mutant-league

No pressure whatsoever to do this of course if you don’t wish or finances don’t permit, I just mention it because you sounded like you might not know that there is still this option available.

I will say, though, that if you decide to back, I would not go in expecting significant behind the scenes stuff a la Moebius’ monthly updates or Double Fine Adventure’s forum posts and documentaries or anything like that. So far, there’s the occasional post on the backer-only blog (which I suspect some backers don’t realize is there since you need to have read one particular e-mail about it), maybe the occasional forum post, and the occasional e-mail update, and that’s basically it for now. You won’t see much in-game stuff or concept art, or lengthy descriptions of progress, or that kind of thing.

Aside from the fact that the Big Finish guys are concentrating on making the game (which is still in fairly early stages), I suspect they also just prefer not to show too much, prior to release. Even the in-progress version of Chandler Avenue they marked with a spoiler warning, not because it’s a plot spoiler but just because it diminishes the freshness when the game is finally finished. I am totally cool with this “don’t show too much” approach; a little mystery is a good thing. Even DFA has had to be careful to edit the documentary in such a way that you never overhear important details in a meeting. Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Who is Tex Murphy ?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 19 February 2013 06:02 AM

Who is Tex Murphy ?

Pan

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Well, if they started shooting, for me that means that the story, concept, plot, puzzles are all finished and written. Filming is the last part. They wouldn’t start shooting if the rest were not finished. It will be a waste of money to redo some scenes if they don’t have all “parts” already figured out. I guess we will hear more often about the project around May…

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

This is one thing that annoys me in many Kickstarted projects - there isn’t one centralized place to get updates after the project has ended. I have backed 18 projects, and each of them uses different ways and channels to give updates and information. It isn’t that easy job trying to follow everything which happens - Facebook, Twitter, blogs, message boards, backers-only websites etc.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

This probably isn’t even my place to say being as I haven’t backed anything but you would think that there would be an option for the people involved with the project to send out updates via kickstarter?

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

dave_minall - 19 February 2013 09:17 AM

This probably isn’t even my place to say being as I haven’t backed anything but you would think that there would be an option for the people involved with the project to send out updates via kickstarter?

There is ‘updates’ feature in Kickstarter and it also has its own private message system. However, most developers only send out bigger updates via Kickstarter system maybe once in 2-6 months, and then they’ll share all kinds of smaller information and videos elsewhere.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

As I am a backer for this project, I can tell that (as teme mention) the channel to look into news is from their site (“for your eyes only”). But there hadn’t been any significant news since last november, I guess. Meaning, for one side, that they are very well busy taking care of it or, on the other side, they went all in hibernation and we will have to wait a lot for some good news…
Naughty

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Thats not how you internet

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

sorry monolith link wasn’t working, fixed now

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!