• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great game indeed Ahenobarbus, its the only game i ever replayed upon finishing.. never did something as crazy as this before

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Thumbs up to you Advie :) I would also like to replay it again right away and try some different decisions. I`m also shocked what happened to Ulvic the Ever-Thirsty, because I was a moron and forgot to return the tools. Did he die, no rescue mission, no execution cutscene, nothing? :o

I wish all the best to Red Thread Games and hopefully saga continues at some point in the future. I will definitely play Chapters again at some point too, but no time for replay now, too many adventure games waiting to be played and new games coming every week. Also, I have to start my Syberia replay session soon, I played Kate Walker story last time in 2011 and now it`s time for a replay :)

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’ve finished the second chapter. For now I’m having a lot of fun. I’d rate both chapters 4/5.

One tip for people playing it. You can remap the run key to the forward key for auto-running, it makes running around Propast (my one nitpick about the game) faster.

One thing I’ve noticed though is that there’s less people talking in Propast in the second chapter which makes the city a bit less lively.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

giom - 26 September 2016 01:54 PM

I’ve finished the second chapter. For now I’m having a lot of fun. I’d rate both chapters 4/5.

One tip for people playing it. You can remap the run key to the forward key for auto-running, it makes running around Propast (my one nitpick about the game) faster.

good
i consider chapter.2 is the best then comes 4

or you can remap the run key to the scroll mouse key, and play the whole game using the mouse

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 26 September 2016 02:06 PM

or you can remap the run key to the scroll mouse key, and play the whole game using the mouse

Yeah, in these kind of games I always map Forward + Run to a button on my mouse, so I can navigate using only the mouse.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Ok, I finished the game (total playtime 36h). In the end, I really enjoyed it and would rate it 4/5

I strongly believe that playing the game when each episode came out would have made the game much less enjoyable and the story hard to follow. The story’s such that it’s not a game that works well with episodes. I strongly disagree with a lot of points of the Adventure gamer’s review but I think I’d have the same complaints about the story as Emily if I had played the episodes when they came out and if I hadn’t replayed Dreamfall just before. But since I played all he episodes in one setting, I loved the story.

In term of puzzles, I expected something between TLJ and Dreamfall but in the end Dreamfall Chapter is just similar puzzlewise to Dreamfall. There aren’t many puzzles and they’re not always very good. I did enjoy the AI personality puzzle in London’s warehouse quite a bit but a lot of puzzles are fetch quests or scavenger hunts (for example Saga’s puzzles).  The hotspot system is a bit finicky and makes such scavenger hunts even more annoying. It’s a pity because with better puzzles this game would have been great.  There were a lot of great potential puzzles that were bypassed too, like the noodle incident in Book 4 where Crow and Zoe talk how they go the mount.

Choices were well also made and they did have a real impact on the story. Replaying to see the impact of different choices is a bit of a pain though.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I think if the breaks between chapters were more like Life Is Strange (6-7 weeks) rather than 4-5 months, it wouldn’t be a bad format. They just couldn’t get them out at the kind of pace you need for material this dense.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

giom - 27 September 2016 09:28 PM

noodle incident

I spot a fellow troper. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

TimovieMan - 28 September 2016 03:49 PM
giom - 27 September 2016 09:28 PM

noodle incident

I spot a fellow troper. Wink

Yep, it’s extremely useful when talking about movies, books, games or any other form of story driven entertainment Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top