• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Stopped playing after Chapter1, waiting for the whole to get released.
So what do you guys think , is the story holding up pretty well like it started and is it at the same level of Ragnar previous works esp Dreamfall??

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The story is pretty good, and imo holding up to the previous games.

The one problem I do have with the game, is that it is rather light puzzlewise. I had been hoping for both more puzzles and more difficult puzzles.

Interestingly on they development blog they recently called the game “a story driven game with adventure elements” and NOT an adventure game, and that also in many ways mirrors my own impression of the changes they have made between the 1st and the 3rd book, with less and less puzzles for each book, and more and more focus on the story.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Iznogood - 29 October 2015 12:22 PM

The one problem I do have with the game, is that it is rather light puzzlewise. I had been hoping for both more puzzles and more difficult puzzles.

That’s disappointing to hear. I’m also waiting until the game is complete (wish they hadn’t split!) and was hoping this would be much closer to TLJ than Dreamfall in terms of puzzles.

Oh well, I’m glad I only backed at the minimum level to get the game digitally for this. Unfortunately for other Kickstarters that’s all I’m prepared to do these days.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 October 2015 11:28 AM

Stopped playing after Chapter1, waiting for the whole to get released.
So what do you guys think , is the story holding up pretty well like it started and is it at the same level of Ragnar previous works esp Dreamfall??

Definitely wait for the full release, chapter 3 was pretty bad as a solo episode but might be better in the middle of a full release. Also bugs will probably be ironed out.
Story is ok but I can’t see a resolution in only more 2 episodes.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Still resisting the temptation of playing them before the release of the final episode.
I’m very proud of myself!  Laughing

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Good news. Even now pretty unoptimized the Unity 5 versio feels much better. The frame rates seem to be even on all the bells and whistles turned on much more playable giving me on my rign pretty steady 25 frames (which I personllay feel is pretty playable for a game like this) all the way to 30-40 frames. So after they get it fully optimized, it might be even more smoother. With SSO and AA turned off I got 40-55 frames. On the contrast with old version I was getting somewhere near 15-25 frames with occasional 30.

I think I’ll give all three epsiodes a new playthrough after U5 version makes to official release, but all in all it is looking pretty good upgrade.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

That’s good to hear. I’m installing the beta now, just to see if Europolis still drops down to less than 10 frames. If it has improved for me then I’ll happily wait for the proper release. If it hasn’t improved at all then I’m going to be bummed.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Sefir - 30 October 2015 05:30 AM

Still resisting the temptation of playing them before the release of the final episode.

Smile We should form a club!

Although I’m not sure I’d qualify since I did play the first chapter but I managed to avoid the temptation after that

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

giom - 30 October 2015 10:42 AM
Sefir - 30 October 2015 05:30 AM

Smile We should form a club!
Although I’m not sure I’d qualify since I did play the first chapter but I managed to avoid the temptation after that!

That’s a club I could join. Been avoiding everything apart from general notes as per this thread. I have to say that it’s been pleasing to read of the move to Unity 5 although I can understand the annoyance of those already playing the game. Being in the fortunate situation of owning a high-end rig it sounds like the game will play really smoothly at high frame rates. I really am hoping for 60fps once I eventually get to play.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Beta crashes at launch for me. Boo-urns.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I know I said I wouldn’t do so, but I couldn’t resist giving the beta a quick spin to test the framerate. And for me it has also pretty much doubled the framerate Smile
Where I originally had drops to down about 10fps in Propast the biggest drop was now 19fps, and most of the time it was above 30fps.

But for some reason it seems like everything is now more blurry and not as crisp as originally, like motion blur is constantly on or something. Hopefully just a bug in the beta, and something that will get fixed in the final build.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Same for me—framerate has doubled in areas like Propast and the therapist’s office. There were a few hitches but nothing Telltale bad. I’m just glad I never played past Chapter 1 because now I can start from the beginning without too much hassle.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2015-11-11

PM

Look who is alighting on book four cover

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The official release of Unity 5 version is out now, so RTG can finally shift their focus back on book four.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Finally, book 4 is due for release on Thursday.

Now if only I could remember what happened in the last book…

Book 4 trailer:

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top