• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Thanks Wilco!

While I’m on the subject of being too lazy to read through all 700+ posts on this thread, is the first chapter as buggy as several “reviewers” have said on the game’s page at GOG? Has it been patched at all?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mike the Wino - 15 May 2015 05:09 PM

While I’m on the subject of being too lazy to read through all 700+ posts on this thread, is the first chapter as buggy as several “reviewers” have said on the game’s page at GOG? Has it been patched at all?

I don’t think it was very buggy, the main issue was the perfomance, even in high end systems the framerate dropped a lot in some areas. It was patched and much better by the time episode 2 was released.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

There indeed was a huge issue with performance and the initial release lacked a lot of optimization, which has since been patched out. I’d reckon the performance will continue to improve after RT releases Unity 5 version of the game.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

There has already been several patches. In fact RTG has been very quick with fixes and very responsive to bug reports and other issues (unlike some other companies I could mention).

But as Wilco said, the game wasn’t really very buggy to begin with, and it has mainly been a question of performance issues and graphical glitches. The performance is still not perfect but acceptable on most rigs, and it will most likely not improve further before they upgrade to Unity 5, as they have pretty much reached the limit to what can be done in Unity 4. Exactly when that will happen is unknown, but they will do it sooner or later.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Actually the way RTG managed the first episodes performance problems and slight bugs is for once a good reason for releasing an episodic game. By the time all episodes will have been released, the game is likely to be much less buggy and better optimized than a game that has just been released…

Nothing beats releasing a product into the wild to find bugs and performance issues (and an internal QA that really detects a lot of those issues is frighteningly expensive)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

once a good reason for releasing an episodic game.

I am not a fan of episodic games, but episodic digital releases has allowed many adventure games to be released that would not have been released otherwise.

The ones I have bought into did indeed seem less buggy in later episodes.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

first shot of Nela Zoe, book 3 (at Arcadia!!) .
Heart

Image Attachments

11258333_1121529701195682_7790617392372616010_n.jpg

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Episode 3 ruined!

Im kiddin of course

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Ah, finally he arrives.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ok, hop up there buddy, and give us a birds eye view of where is April been up to!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

wilco - 04 June 2015 01:12 PM

Episode 3 ruined!

Im kiddin of course

Finally, Murry appears !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

When was the last time we saw him? Was he getting attacked by some mysterious presence *cough* brianwesthouseistheprophet *cough* in the big library place? Or am I misremembering? (I really should have replayed Dreamfall before starting Chapters.)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

You are not misremembering anything, but that whole scene is wide open for interpretations *cough* darkpeoplethatdoesn’trememberAprilasawave *cough*, and we don’t actually see Crow in that scene, we only hear some flapping wings.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

is that joke? i don’t get it, cuz i remember already seeing Crow (or at least his shadow) at the end of the recent chapter

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 05 June 2015 01:29 PM

is that joke? i don’t get it, cuz i remember already seeing Crow (or at least his shadow) at the end of the recent chapter

Yes or rather No, it is not a joke, but you are correct that we see Crow in the last chapter in Chapters - But before that the last we see, or actually we don’t see crow but hear flapping wings, is in the Dark People Library in Dreamfall when The White is attacked.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top