• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

fov - 08 April 2015 11:52 PM

I haven’t played too much of ep2 yet and I don’t want to read back in the thread for fear of spoilers, but I have a question about the section in Mercuria… Isn’t Kian supposed to be wearing a veil that makes him invisible except to people he knows well, or to people he shows himself to? They said it like three times so I thought that was the case, but it seems like everyone can see him just fine—people he *didn’t* make himself known to, like the guy outside the Mole’s who calls him over, or the kid who tries to pickpocket him.

Did I misunderstand? Is he not wearing it yet?

Maybe he’s just using it in front of the guards? You know, when the color of the screen gets changed? Maybe only then he doesn’t want to be seen because he knows that he has to rely on other people’s help in order to complete certain tasks? Although, one sequence later in the game doesn’t make much sense, either way you look at it…

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

fov - 08 April 2015 11:52 PM

Did I misunderstand? Is he not wearing it yet?

He is definitely using it.

Every time you pass a guard the screen goes blue, and you get comments from the guards like “Is there a ghost here?”

[spoiler]As for why so many can still see him?
Well… It might not work on magicals, Anna obviously knows him very well, and is perhaps using a similar veil herself, he only wants to conceal himself from the enemy but not the people he is suppose to interact with…
They needed some mechanism to avoid having Kian arrested on sight, but otherwise more or less simply ignored it. It doesn’t make complete sense, but it serves its purpose./spoiler]

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Kian is using the magical shield. There’s two ques to it: the guards wondering if there’s someone near them and then there’s the screen darkening effect when Kian walks past guards.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its a game not movie or a novel, and even, one should Not* really be picky about those matters, Kian Veil exposed or not, if taken too seriously would disturb the puzzles and gameplaying; as with when Kian was trying to blow the harbor shipment the guard saw him every time he passed by to make an intense immersion to the puzzle, other wise it wouldn’t had been that immersive and fun, i like think of it this way; the director of games (or movies) are gods of their own work, and god works in mysterious ways.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i would share a certain image , but i am afraid Izno would give me hell and consider it a spoiler Tongue, but anyways, Zoe has a total new look for Book3 after the accident.

come on, (i never been so hyped over a game, this way for a very long time), release Book3, not soon, NOW!!

but for now, i can share this; i could not help me smiling like a fool over it (when i came across)  Laughing  Laughing

Image Attachments

18210_10203944540964526_259745342666186658_n.jpg

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Ragnar Tornquist also announced new look for Kian on Twitter. I wonder how will they transform him? I mean, he already looks gorgeous! Heart

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lucebend - 18 April 2015 05:16 PM

Ragnar Tornquist also announced new look for Kian on Twitter. I wonder how will they transform him? I mean, he already looks gorgeous! Heart

thats the point she won’t be (that*) gorgeous, anymore
————————————————————

with only 11 ags out 1000s have 5/5 stars reviews, here. -adventuregamerscom-, better prepare a 5/5 stars (whatever) review from now, to Dreamfall: Chapters Tongue

P.S: dont take this post too seriously

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Advie - 18 April 2015 05:30 PM
lucebend - 18 April 2015 05:16 PM

thats the point she won’t be (that*) gorgeous, anymore

She looks pretty good for someone who survived a nasty accident. I can’t see how this is a bad thing. It’s keeping line with the story.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

A week and a half ago, Ragnar Tornquist was here in Croatia, doing a lecture on storytelling. Wow, so much new details about Book Three. Laughing

One guy took some photographs from early build:

https://twitter.com/laquarta (scroll down for #DreamfallChapters post)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hold your horses lucebend, book 3 still will be out on August! Frown

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Advie - 04 May 2015 04:44 PM

Do you know something that I don’t, because I was under impression it’ll be released this month. Ragnar specifically told us (on the conference) that we won’t wait for such a long time (as we have for other episodes).

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lucebend - 05 May 2015 02:53 AM
Advie - 04 May 2015 04:44 PM

Do you know something that I don’t, because I was under impression it’ll be released this month. Ragnar specifically told us (on the conference) that we won’t wait for such a long time (as we have for other episodes).

No sir, i was just kidding with you, i even wanted to add that chapter 5 will be released in 2017 Tongue

hail the rabbit. nice avatar, that mouse with the pack was really a strange fellow Tongue

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Hey, I noticed that Dreamfall Chapters is on sale over at GOG, and since I’m one of the few people that hasn’t bought this game yet, I’m thinking about picking it up. There are a couple different versions though, and since I’m too lazy to see if this has already been discussed in this (or another) thread, can someone tell me why you might prefer the “Special Edition” over the regular one?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mike the Wino - 15 May 2015 03:27 PM

Hey, I noticed that Dreamfall Chapters is on sale over at GOG, and since I’m one of the few that hasn’t bought this game yet, I’m thinking about picking it up. There are a couple different versions though, and since I’m too lazy to see if this has already been discussed in this (or another) thread, can someone tell me why you might prefer the “Special Edition” over the regular one?

I think the only difference are the extras:

Reborn: The Art of Dreamfall Chapters Book One — a digital art book featuring concept art and illustrations from the first episode of Dreamfall Chapters
Journeys Birth — two short stories in PDF and ebook formats, set in The Longest Journey universe and leading up to the events in Dreamfall Chapters (available October 20th)
Digital soundtrack featuring music from Dreamfall Chapters Book One in FLAC and MP3 format (available November 1st)
Digital Europolis tourist map! Sponsored by Niyom Media and presented by Crowboy, everyone’s favourite crow cowboy (coming soon!)

Nothing really special and most of them has not been released so I don’t think its worth it. (and you can buy the upgrade later anyway)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top