• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The story recap is nice. They really should have had that up at launch because it’s very necessary if you haven’t just replayed.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

So I couldn’t resist the temptation and finished the first book. I’m playing on mac and before the patch Europolis was unplayable but now it’s smooth at High Visual settings.

This first book is really good, I took my time and it took me 6 hours to complete and I haven’t even explored all the branches, so there’s probably at least one hour left. In term of story, it was all I was hoping for, Ragnar hasn’t lost his touch and it’s a great start to the story. Music was great, puzzles were on the easy side but logical. I can feel that it’s likely to be more similar to the longest journey’s puzzle more than Dreamfall’s absent puzzles.

Navigating Europolis reminded of Shenmue but it’s also the one thing I’d criticize a bit. I feel that there’s not enough interactions with NPCs and not enough conversations to eavesdrop on. But that takes time and money (Shenmue’s total budget for both sequels was 70 million dollars) and I doubt Red Thread has the budget for that. It’s already amazing what they’ve been able to accomplish with the relatively budget they had. This games look like an AAA game.

I do wish though that the musical competition hadn’t been cancelled due to a vocal minority complaining for no reasons… It would have made the world a bit more lively and would have been very welcome.

I had huge expectations for this game and I was afraid of being disappointed but I wasn’t, this first book exceeded my expectations and I’d give 5/5.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

giom - 31 October 2014 08:58 PM

puzzles were on the easy side but logical. I can feel that it’s likely to be more similar to the longest journey’s puzzle more than Dreamfall’s absent puzzles.

I would say somewhere between those two. They are obviously not aiming for a high difficulty or any rubber-duck puzzles, but the puzzles are there and they are logical. In fact if you included the sneaking puzzles in Dreamfall, then I would say that so far the overall difficulty is lower than it was in Dreamfall. But this is of course only the first book, things might get more difficult later.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yes, right now they’re still on the easy side, but in the longest journey they were also rather easy during the first part until the ruby ducky puzzle. So I think it’s likely we’re going to see a step up in difficulty (at least I’m hoping for it Smile).

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The rubber ducky puzzle is the only really difficult one in TLJ and only because it is bugged. Even it is somewhat adventure game logical, but it being broken makes it more difficult than it is.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Iznogood - 31 October 2014 08:35 AM
UruBoo - 31 October 2014 07:54 AM

GOG does not have any update for Dreamfall yet. I guess the update is for Steam version only, right?

No it will also come for GOG, the difference is that GOG has to put it up manually so it might take a bit longer.

And I tested the update a bit. Before I had something like a +-20 framerate in Europolis with dips below 10, now it is about +-30 with dips below 20.

Well, until now they haven’t updated the GOG files. Will we (GOG players) don’t get the update?

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

UruBoo - 01 November 2014 08:31 AM
Iznogood - 31 October 2014 08:35 AM
UruBoo - 31 October 2014 07:54 AM

GOG does not have any update for Dreamfall yet. I guess the update is for Steam version only, right?

No it will also come for GOG, the difference is that GOG has to put it up manually so it might take a bit longer.

And I tested the update a bit. Before I had something like a +-20 framerate in Europolis with dips below 10, now it is about +-30 with dips below 20.

Well, until now they haven’t updated the GOG files. Will we (GOG players) don’t get the update?

The official word is that it could be as late as Monday before it’s available. Like Iznogood said, they have to manually upload it.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, update is great, big difference in Europolis, haven’t experienced any pauses

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Playing chapters now, every bit as good as I hoped for. Now waiting for gog to get the update so I can continue…

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

RTG actually just relesed another patch, 1.1.1, which should improve things even further.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Someone has created a well-Ding song and uploaded it to the RTG forum.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That is well-ding.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I’m kind of new to the GOG platform and I’m wondering how the update process works. Do I have to re-download the whole game when a new version is available? Or will a patch file be added to the download section of my account? I’ve become so used to Steam’s auto-updates, I feel retarded now!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

They will mostlikely add an updater to the game, so you’ll need to download that from your account.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Thanks tomimt. I’ll keep an eye out over there then.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top