• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, and it’s looking pretty damn nice as well.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Frogacuda - 30 September 2014 10:24 AM

So apparently Book 1 hits in less than a month. Soon!

Indeed. Just 3 weeks to wait…for book 1 at least Wink. Don’t think there’s a game I’ve been looking forward to so much for a long, long time. Guess Grey Matter was the last one. And what’s really good is that from everything we’ve seen re Dreamfall Chapters, it really is going to be a real sequel to Dreamfall, with the bad bits (combat & stealth) taken out and with Zoe’s story wrapped up. Hapy days Laughing

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Hahaha, can you not but love comments like this:

(you can see a couple others here at the RTG forums (if it’s open for non-members, I’m not sure))

On the other hand, if that alone tells you to stay away then it sounds like you shouldn’t stay away Tongue

But seriously, “I don’t like the clothes: game that hasn’t been released yet is categorically awful (even when the previous games clearly prove to the contrary)!” Grin But then, maybe he just played the games for the fashion sense…

(I’m not saying the clothes aren’t a bit strange, though Wink)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve decided to wait to play this game (not because of her clothes Smile ) but I just want to wait for the final episode to be released. I just don’t want another Broken Sword ot Broken Age situation, and I still need to replay Longest Journey and Dreamfall first.
Just sucks that I’ll miss out on the on-going discussion.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 01 October 2014 01:43 PM

I just don’t want another Broken Sword ot Broken Age situation, and I still need to replay Longest Journey and Dreamfall first.

I don’t think it is really fair to compare it to BS or BA, not just because they actually have a schedule for releasing all the chapters, but because Dreamfall Chapters was originally planned as an episodic game, then changed to one full game, and then back to the episodic format. So it will hopefully be more like the episodic games from Telltale, at least in this aspect.

I do understand wanting to wait for the full released though, I just don’t think I will be able to do that myself.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 01 October 2014 01:53 PM

I don’t think it is really fair to compare it to BS or BA, not just because they actually have a schedule for releasing all the chapters,

So did Broken Sword and Broken Age…
But I see what you mean and I might change my mind if the episodes keep a regular release schedule and the episodic format makes sense for the game, unlike Broken Sword (or The Raven, for example). But for now I’ll just wait.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Engine(Unity) feels like constraint here, not liking the overall look.

Artistically its weaker than Dreamfall.

But i am more excited to see the finale of this Arc, than anything.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

wilco - 01 October 2014 01:43 PM

I’ve decided to wait to play this game (not because of her clothes Smile ) but I just want to wait for the final episode to be released. I just don’t want another Broken Sword ot Broken Age situation, and I still need to replay Longest Journey and Dreamfall first.
Just sucks that I’ll miss out on the on-going discussion.

Unlike those, this game is actually structured episodically, with time elapsed between Books, so I don’t think it’s the same kind of issue. But of course, some people prefer to marathon all episodic content, so to each his own.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

As difficult as it may be, I’m going to hold out this time, something I wish I’d done with Broken Age and Broken Sword.

nomadsoul - 01 October 2014 07:54 PM

Engine(Unity) feels like constraint here, not liking the overall look.

It probably has more to do with budget/team size than the engine. Campo Santo have proven with Firewatch that Unity games don’t need to look a particular way, if you have the time to put into custom graphics shaders/lighting etc.

I think Chapters looks great most of the time (from what I’ve seen), but it does occasionally dip into that sort of out-of-the-box generic 3D look that people complain about with Unity games.

Overall, though, I bet it’s a great looking game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Every book should have its own structure, so it isn’t quite as playing other episodic games. The big plot runs through the books, but the plot lines relevant to the particular books should have resolution. The decisions done will also be carried forward ofcourse.

Personally I have no big issues with how the game looks. The Earth bits look pretty stunning, as does most of the Arcadia stuff. There does however seem to be some lighting issues with open fire stuff there and what I’ve used free version of Unity, the lights are a bit weak point of the engine, as is the shader creation. I don’t know how different those are to adjust in the full version though, but it is no Unreal engine in that matter. Unity 5 might change things, but I don’t that comes soon enough for Dreamfall to benefit from it.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Compared to other Kickstarter adventures, it’s gorgeous, honestly.

I’ll try to enjoy the episodic release for what it is. I’ve enjoyed it with Telltale’s games. I just hope they can maintain a pretty aggressive schedule.

I started replaying Dreamfall to get ready. I remembered almost nothing of its plot, it’s been so long. I’m not bothering with TLJ, since I never managed to get into that one and it doesn’t seem to connect as directly to the new one.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m definitely going to replay TLJ also though it’s going to take “unnecessary” time. I want to immerse myself in the lore properly before opening the new chapters.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

http://www.gog.com/game/dreamfall_chapters_season_pass_special_edition

Pre-order is up.
Regional pricing shenanigans…

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

The price seems slightly steep. Telltale has kind of set the bar for these sorts of series at $25. At the preorder price of $30 it’s not so bad, but $35 might be pushing it.

I backed it at $20 so this doesn’t affect me, but I’d like to see it sell, you know?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

35$ for the whole 5 eps sounds about right, if game lasts for 12 hrs or more.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top