• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

$1500 away from $400k in… A DAY! Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

OneFlesh - 09 February 2013 04:31 AM
JuntMonkey - 08 February 2013 03:04 PM

Agree with all of this. I don’t understand why adventure game players still praise games that make us listen to boring dialogue for 15 minutes at a time. There are better ways to tell interactive stories.

As much as TLJ could be long-winded at times, I’m thankful for any game that’s willing to have lots of characters and plenty of dialogue choices as it seems to be one of the things that’s suffered most in the last few years of cost-cutting. 

I hate playing games where you just wander around a spooky old empty house and discover ‘clues’/props that are all the game designer can be bothered to add in terms of characterisation.  The Tex/Gabriel/TLJ games all had goofy or melodramatic plots but they all had very real characters because of it - bring on the mega-dialogues Grin

I totally agree, i have never understood why so many people complain about the dialogs in TLJ, and i never found them boring. (At least they are dialogs and not monologs like in TSW)

I’m also not surprised that this kickstarter campaign is doing so well, for me this is THE kickstarter campaign, the game i have been waiting for for so long. Both TLJ and Dreamfall is among my favorite games, in fact TLJ is my all time favorite game!
And i know a lot of other people also love these games. In the top 100 best games here on Adventure Gamers TLJ got the 2nd place.

The only small thing that annoys me is the 15$ shipping cost outside the US for the 110$ tier, i hate when you have to pay extra to actually get your reward, and besides Red Thread Games is Norwegian, so why outside the US?
Because of this i still havent decided if i should go for the 110$ tier.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Iznogood - 09 February 2013 09:07 AM

The only small thing that annoys me is the 15$ shipping cost outside the US for the 110$ tier, i hate when you have to pay extra to actually get your reward, and besides Red Thread Games is Norwegian, so why outside the US?

Quoting Red Thread Games:
Dreamfall Chapters is actually a U.S. Kickstarter project, and all of our physical goods will be produced in, and shipped from, the U.S. The game is being developed in Norway, but our American office is handling all the Kickstarter related extras.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Fien - 09 February 2013 09:27 AM
Iznogood - 09 February 2013 09:07 AM

Quoting Red Thread Games:
Dreamfall Chapters is actually a U.S. Kickstarter project, and all of our physical goods will be produced in, and shipped from, the U.S. The game is being developed in Norway, but our American office is handling all the Kickstarter related extras.

I guess that explains it - thx for the info.
(It still annoys me a bit though)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Look at it from their point of view: most of the Kickstarter backers will probably be from the US, so for them it’ll be cheaper to have an American office handle all the Kickstarter rewards.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

I’m simply stunned by how fast this has been. Sure, every project has had its peak in the beginning, but this is still a massive amount of money in such a short time. And assuming that only a portion of the games’ fanbase has heard about the Kickstarter so far, the numbers are probably going to keep rising steadily for a while.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-29

PM

VampireNaomi - 09 February 2013 09:54 AM

And assuming that only a portion of the games’ fanbase has heard about the Kickstarter so far, the numbers are probably going to keep rising steadily for a while.

Yeah, I’m working on letting people know! xD

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I guess that explains it - thx for the info.
(It still annoys me a bit though)

Yeah, it still annoys me too. I hope they put the answer they gave me in the FAQ, since we’re not the only ones who want to know. I’m not too crazy about their rewards either.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2003-10-18

PM

Anyone else noticed that Zoe looks quite different? Sure the model graphics look more detailed but I think she looked prettier in Dreamfall. Not that it will ruin the game for me in any way, I’m just saying. I’m really excited, but we still have 2 years to go.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 09 February 2013 09:44 AM

Look at it from their point of view: most of the Kickstarter backers will probably be from the US, so for them it’ll be cheaper to have an American office handle all the Kickstarter rewards.

That’s not the reason for it. I believe that because Kickstarter is a US company you have to be registered in either the USA or the UK to be able to put up a kickstarter.

I guess you pick which one is more favourable for tax purposes etc and at the moment that is probably the US.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creator questions#WhoIsEligToStarAKickProj

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s now officially half way there in less than 2 days.

$425,000

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Keregioz - 09 February 2013 11:36 AM

Anyone else noticed that Zoe looks quite different? Sure the model graphics look more detailed but I think she looked prettier in Dreamfall. Not that it will ruin the game for me in any way, I’m just saying. I’m really excited, but we still have 2 years to go.

I’m actually quite happy with how Zoë looks now.
I agree that she looks a bit differently, but she’s still recognizably Zoë Castillo, and that works for me.

Lucien21 - 09 February 2013 12:30 PM

$425,000

Woot!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Lucien21 - 09 February 2013 12:30 PM

$425,000

This is so awesome.  This is definitely the kickstarter I’m most looking forward to, but it’ll be a long wait.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-29

PM

Lucien21 - 09 February 2013 12:04 PM
TimovieMan - 09 February 2013 09:44 AM

That’s not the reason for it. I believe that because Kickstarter is a US company you have to be registered in either the USA or the UK to be able to put up a kickstarter.

Consider how expensive Norway is, you would not want to have the stuff made here. The printing costs are ridiculous, and I would bet it is so for copying discs, etc. as well. If they were to give out the same rewards, you would probably have to pay twice as much to get the same stuff if they were to have it manufactured here. Tongue

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

When I saw that they are asking for 850 000$ I thought that it will be a long and difficult campaign, but it is good I was wrong. I guess TLJ has more fans than I thought. I aslo noticed that Gamespot had an article about this kickstarter on their frontpage on the first day of the campaign so that must have helped. One more adventure game to look forward.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top