• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

danigar - 26 March 2017 06:21 PM
nomadsoul - 26 March 2017 05:46 PM
danigar - 26 March 2017 02:25 PM

1)is really the game that good that would merit the time commitment, knowing that I may be able to play any other game for a while?

2)And if I just focus on main story and normal difficulty how long do you guys think it would take me and would I lose a lot of the experience by rushing through it?

1)Yes, story and characters are awesome, there is nothing like it in that department in recent memory

2)It would take 40hrs anyway atleast since there is lotsa talking, and yes if you want to avoid bad combat , switch to easy

If you give story more importance then jump in

Thanks! I think I’m gonna make the jump, even though there’s a batch of games coming that I wanna play but if this proves good enough I guess it won’t matter much.

I forgot one last question though. Are the RPG elements too deep? Like would I be juggling with a lot of statistics/items/upgrades or what not? I loved how in ME 2 and 3 these were kind of stripped down, it was perfect for people like me that want to focus more on story and progression than stats and stuff (And one of the reasons why I’m hesitant with Andromeda). How does it compare to ME in that regard?

Its arcadey combat like Fable
And on easy its easy, just hit,evade and drink potion and there are just few spells that you will master anyway soon

I too am busy but my trick to fast through games is just learn the menu and complex system day1 or 2 and then just make a easy way out of it(if game is not fun to get deep in)

Like i never combined potions to make buffs, or other alchemy things , because i never needed them nor they are necessary to finish the game, so just keep the style you want for whole game

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

danigar - 26 March 2017 02:25 PM

And if I just focus on main story and normal difficulty how long do you guys think it would take me and would I lose a lot of the experience by rushing through it?

Frankly i did focus on main story at early release version and sometimes rushed through coz of some bugs,briefly did what i have to do..
But replaying with goty version changed whole perception about story arc,first of
all if you want to experience the real lore of Geralt’s world(which unprecedently created) you shouldn’t focus main story.Main story merely an implement about bigger forces Geralt cannot overcome.Where stellar narrative lies in the secondary quests,daily obstacles of
Geralt, which unfolds intriguingly juxtaposed stories about his realm.

What’s beyond that,you’ll loose lot even if you complete all missions once,coz most of
them offers options with different outcomes which haunts you about your decision.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Modders able to fix lots graphics disappointments so far but one final mod which removes artificial player light makes gameplay more immersive than ever.Able to experience hudless gameplay without artificial light source tempted me for a rerun.

www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

They are gonna make me play Gwent Meh

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 22 August 2017 08:17 AM

They are gonna make me play Gwent Meh

Oh man, after 3 years of Hearthstone addiction, and more than $1000 in in-game purchases of card packs, I highly advise against it Smile

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I played the beta and love some of the changes to the card game and truly hated others.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top