• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 19 January 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Anyone remember Hook, the video game adaptation of the movie of the same name?

(Anyone remember the time when adventure games were seen as a good genre to adapt a major Hollywood movie?)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I do remember unsuccessfully trying to find this game back in the day. Anyone played it? Was it any good?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 19 January 2013 11:19 AM

(Anyone remember the time when adventure games were seen as a good genre to adapt a major Hollywood movie?)

yes i do and later on it was Hollywood turn to steal from Adevntures (Silently) ,
Pirates of the Caribbean - MI
40 years Virgin - LSL
Hugo - Syberia
and god Knows what else

P.S:
Kuru i hope there are no hard feelings i was mistaken with my my reply (post) at that other thread when you were just making a point, hope you accept my apologies for the hasty (usual) attitude

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Never heard of the game, but remember absolutely hating the movie.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Dag - 19 January 2013 01:02 PM

I do remember unsuccessfully trying to find this game back in the day. Anyone played it? Was it any good?

I actually played it recently, not getting very far. You’re not missing much. It looks much better than it is. The game simply lacks any sort of personality.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 19 January 2013 01:18 PM

hasty

Do you remember what I told you??? Wink Tongue

On-topic: didn’t even know this game existed. Graphics look decent, though. Was it released in 1991 together with the film, or later?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Never heard of the game, but I absolutely love the movie! Especially Dustin Hoffman as Hook!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 19 January 2013 01:41 PM

remember absolutely hating the movie.

Sefir - 19 January 2013 05:26 PM

I absolutely love the movie! Especially Dustin Hoffman as Hook!

I’m somewhere in between you two. I thought the movie was rather ‘meh’, but Hoffman was indeed fantastic!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Had no idea this game existed, but loved the movie when I saw it in the theaters - Bangerang Peter!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Kurufinwe - 19 January 2013 11:19 AM

Yeah, it’s called a few years ago when Jurassic Park The Game came out.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I think there have been less movie adaptations in general. There used to be one for every major Hollywood film that came out: adventures, shooters, action platformers, RPGs.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 19 January 2013 05:24 PM
Advie - 19 January 2013 01:18 PM

hasty

Do you remember what I told you??? Wink Tongue

yes,
and you can change my user name to it as well, Timo Yum  Innocent

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top