• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A New Beginning - Saved Games

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

What is it with Daedalic and saved games?!

Got to the end of Chapter 5 (Atlas blowing up) and found I couldn’t save the game. Went back to my last save, played through saving continuously, but, at the end, just after Bent and the explosive device puzzle, the game refuses to save. I found a set of saved games and installed them but they won’t get recognised by the game Embarassed

Does anyone have any advice please?

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-04-18

PM

The exact same thing in the exact same place happened to me too. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Sadly no. I even re-downloaded the game and had the self-same thing happen. What I intend to do when I have time is to download again to a totally different PC and see what happens.
Wish I had better news for you but it does appear to be a rather bad bug in the game.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-04-18

PM

I never found an answer either. I just sat down and played till the end (only took an hour or two). It still would allow me to “continue” from where I put the game down but couldn’t save. Real weird, but the game is done

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2003-10-01

PM

I don’t think that this will be of much help - but you never know!

I posted an ultra detailed puizzle walkthrough of A New Beginning on Just Adventure. It includes full step by step solutions to the main extended puzzles in chapters 6 and 7.

I still have about 48 savegames on my hard-disk and maybe more - I can’t remember. I’m not sure if they include saves AFTER the bomb puzzle (also included in my walkthru) in chapter 5.
I can’t check which saves they are since I don’t think that I have the game any longer.

If it is important enough for anybody to try these saves and see if the last ones are appropriate - I would certainly be happy to send them !

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Update: Downloaded a new copy via GOG to a completely new PC with a totally different architecture - AMD quad core against Intel dual core, 8gb of ram against 4gb, Windows 7 64 bit against Vista 32 bit, a 2gb Radeon graphics card against a 512mb NVidia. How more different could it be.
But same problem exists.

I’m looking at you GOG (not that you’ll do anything).

Edit to add that on checking around the F9 quick save can work and, on testing this, it does. Let’s hope it’ll see me through to the end.

And it actually appears to be a fault in the game itself so apologies to GOG.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-11-11

PM

I have the same problem, anyone can help ? Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top