• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yeah, let’s see N.O. Noir with Moseley instead of Cole Phelps!

I’d buy that in a heartbeat! Laughing

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Lets be honest here, if it was GK4 she would have announced that from the outset, as that’s easily going to be not only massively popular but a big money spinner for Jane and Co.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

I highly doubt that it’s GK4. That’s too big. The game is scheduled to be released in a few months. My feeling is it will be GK1 with reworked graphics and tablet support.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I was thinking GK1 remake, as I understand there is quite a tight timescale on the production of the game and that would be simpler than a completely new game, although the privately funded thing makes me think not.

Having said that, it isn’t impossible that someone would fund an IOS (dare I hope Android?) version of GK1, IF Activision agreed? After all, BS and MI have done quite well that way…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I most certainly would welcome a new adventure game from Jane no matter if it is a new game or GK related.

Grin

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I really hope we find out soon.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I just want it to be a new game.  I’d be disappointed if it was a GK1 remake.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Interplay - 16 August 2012 08:15 PM

I just want it to be a new game.  I’d be disappointed if it was a GK1 remake.

I used to oppose the idea of a remake, but if that opens up the fanbase and increases her chance of getting the rights to do GK4 in the future I’m all for it.

Plus right now adventure games seem quite popular on iOS and Android.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

In some respects I still oppose it in that I would rather see Jane’s time and effort go into new games than a re-hash of a game that is still available to buy and is fine as it is.

However, if a remake is released I will still buy it!

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

it will not be anything GK related! There’d be no build up, no chance to develop a media hype, nothing!

If it was anything to do with GK Jane would have said months ago.

Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

dave_minall - 17 August 2012 07:47 AM

it will not be anything GK related! There’d be no build up, no chance to develop a media hype, nothing!

If it was anything to do with GK Jane would have said months ago.

But Jane can’t say anything until the publisher is ready for something to be said. The speculation that the project could be a reworking of GK1 started when Al Lowe announced on Kickstarter that Leisure Suit Larry 1 would be released with updated graphics and tablet support. That, plus the very short length of development time led many to believe that only a reworking of an existing game could be possible. But it’s still speculation. Until we know for sure, we don’t really know anything.

I was hoping we’d get an announcement at Gamescon, because it was reported that most likely the announcement of what Mystery Game X is would occur in August, and Gamescon is what’s happening in August, but it seems time is going and the event is almost over, and still no word.

I have a strange feeling of deja vu here, but I’m sure it will pass…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jane did an update on Mystery Game X. They’re still cryptic info, but some things can be read between the lines:

- She’s kinda surprised the publisher still hasn’t announced the title, but it’s a “big publisher” and they’re “waiting for the PR resources to really make this a big deal”. She expects a lot of press coverage for this one.

- She’s going to San Francisco to do a voice-over recording.

- Robert Holmes has composed 30 pieces of music for the game.

I think it could be GK related, although if it’s GK1 remake I’m not sure why would they need to do voice-overs and compose new music. GK4? A long shot…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Despite my pessimism, I do seem slightly more open to the idea now. She’s said a lot of big things about this game. Grey Matter 2. haha

Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Ooh, sounds intriguing… Yum

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I’m getting more excited about this game now.  When I initially upped my Kickstarter pledge so I could get all the games this “season”, I didn’t really expect them to release anything more than Moebius.  So, MGX was a surprise to me.  But, the more hints Jensen drops, it becomes clear that this must be a game they’ve been working on for awhile, clearly before Moebius since they’re planning to release MGX this year, and Moebius is still in preproduction.  Based on the hints, I don’t think it’s a GK1 remake.  But I am starting to wonder more if it is in the GK universe.  In the video update, Jensen clearly thinks this game is going to generate a lot of press interest and excitement from the jump, and I’m not sure anything but a GK game could do that.  It sounds like we should hear one way or another very soon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top