• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jane and Pinkerton Page has only revealed that it is:

- A 3rd person adventure game
  - A dark mystery story of the kind you associate with her and
  - She thinks you will really like it!

are all really expecting a Gabriel Knight 4 !?

Edit : for me i guess,...No.. i bet! it is not a GK Sequel .

does anyone have any kind of information about that project?

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2003-09-21

PM

It very well could be Gabriel Knight related. Telltale have permission to use the King’s Quest IP after all…

Right or wrong, weak or strong.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Any bets on GK1 remake?
Or Grey Matter 2….

Other than that, it could be a completely new IP

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

In the Reddit AMA she basically confirmed (even though not directly) that it’s not GM2. Also, there’s, as far as I’m concerned, no reason to expect GK4. I’d guess a completely new game, but there have been some compelling evidence towards a remake of GK1 (for tablets and whatnot).

I’m still inclined towards believing (and hoping) a completely new game, but I’m not convinced anymore, as I was at first. I just don’t think a GK1 remake is very necessary. Besides, she originally talked in the Kickstarter video about a new game, so in my opinion GK1 doesn’t really qualify as a new game…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lhurgoyf - 25 May 2012 08:13 AM

Any bets on GK1 remake?
Or Grey Matter 2….

I can bet it at least related to Magic (those Voodoo and Hoodoo Stuff) and more deep and DARK than Before (Gk or GM) .... just an intuition

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

I think it’s not GM2 or AA, and Jane has basically confirmed it’s not those. I can’t wait for GK4, but I think it’s too soon for that, I hope Jane establishes her studio before taking such a big and important project. I’d say it’s GK1 remake… or something new. Jane has worked on ‘Dying For Daylight’ casual games in the past, maybe some publisher wants to create an adventure game based on that world.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I don’t believe for a second that it’s a GK1 remake. The project is being funded by a publisher. I can see Activision agreeing to let her use the GK license for a price (as they did for King’s Quest and Telltale). But actually giving her money to make the game? Not in a million years.

So I’d say it’s a new game we’ve never heard about. And I’m fine with that.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

It’s a historical Gabriel Knight spin off where you play as Von Glower.

No, it’s probably not, but it would be cool, right Wink.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 May 2012 10:02 AM

I don’t believe for a second that it’s a GK1 remake. The project is being funded by a publisher. I can see Activision agreeing to let her use the GK license for a price (as they did for King’s Quest and Telltale). But actually giving her money to make the game? Not in a million years.

Well, remakes have been quite popular recently, and GK is quite respected adventure game brand, so GK1 remake could be Activision’s way to test how large (=profitable) adventure game market is. Remakes are safer, easier and cheaper to make, so it would make sense to test markets with remake.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

I don’t think it would be Gabriel Knight, but I also can’t really see it being anything else (in that I think it would be a remake or spin-off). It’s “Mystery Game X” and seems to be coming across as something that fans will actually care about - and I can’t see the majority of fans caring about “Random New Game X”, because we’ve already got that in Moebius.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Toefur - 25 May 2012 10:47 AM

I don’t think it would be Gabriel Knight, but I also can’t really see it being anything else (in that I think it would be a remake or spin-off). It’s “Mystery Game X” and seems to be coming across as something that fans will actually care about

actually that is such a Great Point Toefur Thumbs Up .....especially when you connect it with Pinkerton previous comment over the Project “she thinks you will really like it!”

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yeah I think it has to be something related to Gabriel Knight or at least her other games. I was thinking about remake and spin-off pretty much instantly. I guess Gray Matter spin-off wouldn’t make sense as she is going to make a sequel anyway in the near future and her casual games neither have a huge fan base nor she has all the rights to them either (I would think for example Patterson has something to say to those WMC games).

Other schattenjägers, Von Glower, Ludwig… can we touch Mosely or Grace? Wink There’s interesting stuff there.

I don’t mind something completely new either though, I just hope they would reveal something already. How long will this be a mystery game?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I don’t think it’s Gabriel Knight related… I remember reading in one of her interviews that she has about 10 different game ideas knocking around in her head; it’ll most likely be one of those.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

Maybe the publisher will give the green light for the official announcement at Gamescon. Whatever the game is, it’s scheduled to be released this December, so I’m hoping we’ll hear something soon!

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I like to play as Gabe&Grace;‘s son.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The Adventures of Moseley?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top