• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyGabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Samaritan Paradox - New demo inside!

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-10-22

PM

Dear adventure gamers!
I have now released a demo for my game, “The Samaritan Paradox”.
http://www.esseb.com/andail/SamaritanDemo.rar

The demo contains the intro, the first room and a few of the key characters.

This game is meant to give you nostalgic 90s-vibes, with low-res graphics and plenty of pointing and clicking. I hope to release it before the end of 2013.

Please visit my blog
http://www.faravidinteractive.wordpress.com
To read more, or pre-order.

Thanks for your attention!

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

saw the video….very interesting and i like the atmosphere.will back!

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

The game looks very interesting. Love the art style and graphics. By the way, I am Swedish as well. Smile I am not usually a fan of games ,TV-series, movies, etc, where the story takes place in Sweden. However this game looks interesting. By the way, will the game have voice overs? If yes, I hope that you use a native English speaking cast, and not Swedish people speaking English with a funny accent. Smile

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I like the art. Looks a lot better than Gemini Rue to me.

Niclas - 25 October 2012 01:18 AM

The game looks very interesting. Love the art style and graphics. By the way, I am Swedish as well. Smile I am not usually a fan of games ,TV-series, movies, etc, where the story takes place in Sweden. However this game looks interesting. By the way, will the game have voice overs? If yes, I hope that you use a native English speaking cast, and not Swedish people speaking English with a funny accent. Smile

Are you from Norrköping? Say hi to Stina for me Smile

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Hi Oscar. Hehe, no I’m not from Norrkoping. Smile I heard that you are a big fan of the Carol Reed games. Smile I’m originally from Stockholm, but I live in Sydney/Australia now.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I wouldn’t say big fan, but I definitely wouldn’t like it as much if it wasn’t set in Sweden. It’s one of the most beautiful settings for a game, I can’t imagine why you don’t like it!

Peter - back to the game, can you tell us whether the language will be Swedish? Do you use real locations or just a general Swedish setting?

Joined 2012-10-22

PM

@ jhetfield, thanks for the support!

@ Niclas; VO is a goal, and partly the reason I’m doing a fundraising campaign. When it comes to accents, that’s an interesting question. What I absolutely won’t do is have a Swedish cast try their best to speak English - what I might do is have a native English cast pretend to speak with a Swedish accent, like in The girl with a dragon tattoo.

The game will have a slightly faux-native Swedish touch in general, and many names and language elements will be pretend-Swedish. Don’t ask me why exactly, it’s just a stylistic effect I’m pursuing for no particular reason. There will be both real and made up locations.

@ Oscar, thanks! I don’t necessarily agree, but it’s a great compliment Smile

I’ll keep you updated!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

This has been on my radar for a little while now as a potentially seriously good game.

Having played the demo, this game appears to be at least as good as the screenshots make it look, I feel a pre-order coming on when I next get paid!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Looks interesting! I’m intrigued. Smile

Btw, the trailer shows only glimps of interface, but I have some feedback on it:
-save/load/quit buttons takes too much space. Maybe stacking them on eachother?
- up-down scrolling interface looks cumbersome. My personal liking is to see all the inventory items at once from slide up bar (smaller icons; magnif glass role can be assigned to different mouse button, add extra button for mac port or smlt). BUT as i said, it’s MHO. Smile

Also, if funding doesn’t work out, I’d be happy to play the game without voice. I know I’m minority here, but I have nothing against voiceless games (eg Eng version Kaptain Brawe - A Brawe New World) until music or sound effects (eg some scenes in Secret Files 1) can keep up the atmosphere.

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Just wanted to bump this thread as there are only 7 days left of the indiegogo funding campaign.

Personally I think this game looks really great and want to see it do as well as possible. Also, on a more selfish note, having played the demo I want to find out what happens next! Laughing Therefore let me encourage you to have another look and chuck a couple of $ the developer’s way!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I really like the look of this game, impressive artwork. Consider me a backer! Good call, bumping the thread Smile

Best of luck with the fundraiser!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-10-22

PM

Dear adventure gamers,
I have now updated this thread with a link to my brand new demo.
http://www.esseb.com/andail/SamaritanDemo.rar

The demo contains the intro, the first room and a few of the key characters.

I hope you’ll like it!
I expect the full game to be released in a month or so.

Thanks!

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Great to see this with a little bit of voice acting too!

I’m definitely looking forward to this one.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The full game is now released. Iv played about 5 hours now and its quite nice! I really like the perspective changes.. kind of feels like im playing the movie “never-ending-story”

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

yep, love it so far!
Great game Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Read some good impressions. Sounds like a game I’d like and a long one, going to play this after Blackwell.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top