• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 23 October 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

[MUSIC]

Crazy crossover time! Music week meets Tex Tuesday, and we have Tex getting drunk to Richie Havens’ Tex’s Lament.

If you haven’t played The Pandora Directive’s darkest timeline dark path (The Boulevard of Broken Dreams) yet, I urge you to, as it offers a pretty different perspective on the story with many unique scenes and bits of dialogue. I don’t want to write a whole essay about it here (I already did 7 years ago), but I have to point out that I especially like how the game decides which path you’re on: not through some sort of light side / dark side score-keeping, nor through big, obvious decisions, but by keeping track of seemingly-minor choices, some of which have huge consequences down the road (such as pissing off a character at one point leading to the death of another character later on). I waited for years for another game to implement a similar choice system, but it was only recently that The Walking Dead did it—and took it to the next level. Hopefully, Project Fedora will have a similar branching storyline system… and the option to get Tex totally drunk, because that’s never not good.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

That’s the one path I’ve never played as it seemed totally out of character for Tex to behave like that and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it (we don’t appear to have a “wimp” smiley Smile )

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Kuru your essay about moral choices is riveting stuff! I really enjoyed reading it. and it really got me thinking. Thanks for sharing this thread which I otherwise never would’ve found.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

gray pierce - 23 October 2012 01:13 PM

Kuru your essay about moral choices is riveting stuff! I really enjoyed reading it. and it really got me thinking. Thanks for sharing this thread which I otherwise never would’ve found.

Thanks for the kind words. Your comment prompted me to re-read it (which I hadn’t done in years), and I’m actually very happy with it (it made me even more pleased with myself than I usually am, and that’s saying something!). Apart from the broken English, I wouldn’t change a word. Except to say that Dreamfall was a disappointment when it comes to meaningful choices (and many other matters).

Also, I should totally sue Telltale. That piece was the mission statement for The Walking Dead, 6 years in advance! Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top