• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lost Horizon 2

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

The game is already out. It’s a nice game but, as usually is happening with the today’s games, very short. But one thing that this game has that I never saw before is the fact that it came with a built-in walkthrough. Interessanting idea.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Holy Moses! This game is $35.99 at Steam…....and that is 10% off.

You must have deep pockets…..I wouldn’t touch this game for anything above a $20

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Bonsai - 05 October 2015 07:27 PM

You must have deep pockets…..I wouldn’t touch this game for anything above a $20

Completely true, apart from the deep pockets part for me.
I bought it because I’d been waiting for it for a long time, Lost Horizon 1 is one of my favorite adventure games.
Quite disappointed to be honest, just didn’t touch on the charm of the first game for me.

My computer runs DOS only.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

I must admit, I have been anxiously looking forward to this game for ages, but when I saw the price I balked. I’m with you, Bonsai, I expected this game for 20, maybe 24.99. The other concerning thing is I haven’t seen any praise for this game at all, even in the German adventure gaming press.

I absolutely enjoyed the first game, but it looks like i’ll be waiting for a sale on this one.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I recently replayed the first one and really loved it. It’s disappointing that the new one seems to be so bad…

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 06 October 2015 06:50 AM

Grin

Haha…....not trying to rehash that old argument. If I knew this would be a excellent game, heck yes I would pay that price, but wasn’t the first one released for $20?

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I`m pretty sure I paid more than 30€ for my Lost Horizon dvd back then (I may recall wrong of course), but it was money well spent, because first one was really good game. I have waited Lost Horizon 2 a long time too but I also agree, that 35,99€ seems to be way too much for this title. I`ll wait christmas or even next summer sales for this one.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Sad to hear that this game doesn’t sound so good as I thoroughly enjoyed the first one.

I will definitely still pick it up at some point - and that point will probably be the Steam Christmas Sale if the price is right! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

When I saw the price tag for this game, I nearly spat out my coffee all over the screen in shock.

I don’t necessarily mind paying 40€ (or 35.99€ with the discount) for a game, if I know that I will get many many hours of enjoyment out of it. But for a game at modern standard AG length or less, it is simply too much, and at least double the price of the standard.

I also can’t help wonder why it is priced so high?
Perhaps they don’t expect that it will sell very well, and are trying to squeeze as much money out of the fans of the first game, before they realize that it is not nearly as good? (Pure speculations on my part)

Either way, I have now degraded it from a game I was looking forward to, to a game that I might buy when it ends up in a sale.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Iznogood - 06 October 2015 05:15 PM

When I saw the price tag for this game, I nearly spat out my coffee all over the screen in shock.

Either way, I have now degraded it from a game I was looking forward to, to a game that I might buy when it ends up in a sale.

You’ll probably be buying in a week or two then.

My computer runs DOS only.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

Kurufinwe - 06 October 2015 07:07 AM

I recently replayed the first one and really loved it. It’s disappointing that the new one seems to be so bad…

I know right!? i’m really considering playing the 1st again

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I was thinking of getting Lost Horizon 2 as I loved the first game, but, think I will wait now until it goes on sale.  So, in preparation of this second game I am playing the first game.  I forgot how big it was and how many different locations. It really is a long game and an awesome game.  And, with my poor memory, I hardly remember any of the puzzles so it is like playing a brand new game.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It’s awful. Everything except the graphics. So if you like pretty pictures, get it.

Is that even the same voice actor for Fenton? (english) I don’t remember him being so boring.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s obvious, for a long time, something awful has happened to Animation Arts - Secret Files 3, Sam Peters and now Lost Horizon 2 are way below the league of Secret Files: Tunguska and Lost Horizon.

What concerns me is that this seems to be the trend with German developers (and some other European prominent developers) lately - Deck13 with Jack Keane 2, Microids with Dracula 4 and 5… they’re either releasing subpar titles compared to their previous games, or are completely gone. The only exception I can think of is The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

seakash - 07 October 2015 03:37 AM
Iznogood - 06 October 2015 05:15 PM

You’ll probably be buying in a week or two then.

Correct! Or not, looks like it was a price mistake and no deal now

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/79249/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top