• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sierra_On (the) Run - Quiz

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 06 October 2015 05:22 AM

Num#1 :
......but Larry originally was (before even traveling to lost wages at LSL1) a Traveller Software Salesman…....

Not according to The Official Biography of Leisure Suit Larry by Ralph Roberts & Al Lowe
published in 1997. In that Larry works as a programmer prior to his occupation as Software Salesman in the actual games!  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Rosella is not a character you can play as in KQ5 and KQ6 (only appearing for a couple of seconds in the final cutscene). I interpreted that question as the number of games where you get to play as Rosella (KQ3, KQ4 and KQ7)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 06 October 2015 06:48 AM

Rosella is not a character you can play as in KQ5 and KQ6 (only appearing for a couple of seconds in the final cutscene). I interpreted that question as the number of games where you get to play as Rosella (KQ3, KQ4 and KQ7)...

Rosella is not a playable character in KQ3!
At least be consistent in a quiz.
And Rosella actually speaks in both KQ5 and KQ6, so it’s more than appearing on screen for a couple of seconds.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Oh, I wasn’t arguing about having got #1 wrong - just blaming my wrong answer on Wikipedia Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Phlebas - 06 October 2015 07:15 AM

Oh, I wasn’t arguing about having got #1 wrong - just blaming my wrong answer on Wikipedia Smile

Same here Phlebas!.......but I will argue against the thought that the info in Wikipedia is inaccurate as it does seem that it is based on that in The Official Biography! The Wikipedia article starts of with some emphasis on Larry’s early life including his job which is not relevant to the games so a little misleading to us that haven’t played them!    Smile

BTW According to the Official Biography Larry is actually 5’ 10” - can you believe that?  Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 06 October 2015 06:54 AM

Rosella is not a playable character in KQ3!

My mistake - I obviously haven’t played KQ3. But she’s a major/plot-important character in 3, whereas in 5 and 6 it’s just a cameo.
I get why Advie picked “three” as the right answer for this…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i think i am already in love with those kind of debates and positive arguing, it makes the quiz more nicer than just a challenge!

so whats gonna be next, LucasfilMissingSpaceS, or Myst Realization Sarcastic .. Tongue Pan

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Come on Advie, I’m sure you can make the series out of Sierra Quiz! Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Of Course, but i thought Sierra is not a very-too-interesting subject, for all posters here, but maybe, after ‘Something Wicked’ is passed i could give another.

chrissie - 06 October 2015 08:59 AM

BTW According to the Official Biography Larry is actually 5’ 10” - can you believe that?  Laughing

Haha, he is not even 4’10, by the way he looks next to all NPCs at all LSL(s).

but to tell you a secret chrissie, (do NOT tell anyone!!) Nerd, i am a shorty; i am 5’10 / 169cm exactly!!!, wht A-Fkn- Coinsedence   Gasp   Foot in mouth  ....  Shifty Eyed  Cool

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 07 October 2015 11:40 AM

Of Course, but i thought Sierra is not a very-too-interesting subject, for all posters here, but maybe, after ‘Something Wicked’ is passed i could give another.

chrissie - 06 October 2015 08:59 AM

Haha, he is not even 4’10, by the way he looks next to all NPCs at all LSL(s).

but to tell you a secret chrissie, (do NOT tell anyone!!) Nerd, i am a shorty; i am 5’10 / 169cm exactly!!!, wht A-Fkn- Coinsedence   Gasp   Foot in mouth  ....  Shifty Eyed  Cool

I look forward to your Sierra quiz sometime late November Advie!  Smile

Hey! don’t worry about being 5’ 10”  - I’m nowhere near that that tall! Laughing

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sierra_On (the) Run II

Choose the right answer and send it to me in a PM.

The quiz is held for (almost) a day; not exactly 24 hours; is what I mean.

1. Larry is a loser but he actually wins (through the series) free vacations/trips ...
1. Two Times
2. Three Times

2. In Space Quest 6 you can actually win at Stooge Fighter3 without obtaining the code.
1. True
2. False

3. GK(1) is a total original story from Jane Jensen.
1. True
2. False

4. King’s Quest: Mask of Eternity was the last published adventure by Sierra_Online.
1. True
2. False

5. In the original LSL you can actually pass the pimp without obtaining the remote control.
1. True
2. False

6. Larry makes a cameo appearance at the airport in Codename: Iceman.
1. True
2. False

7. Roger Wilco Jr. actually joins the dark side.
1. True
2. False

8. At the three 1st parts of the Police Quest games Bains is always Sonny Nemesis
1. True
2. False

9. A Terminator parody was given at the Space Quest series ...
1. Two times
2. Three Times

10. Zombies, Werewolves and Vampires were encountered in the Gabriel Knight series, but Jane had hinted if there ever was a GK4 it was gonna be about ...
1. Ghosts
2. Mummies

Good Luck.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Caliburn: 8
DarkEye: 8
Wilco:  5

—————————————-

Thanks guys for taking place at this short and fast quiz

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thanks for fun quiz full of tricky questions, Advie! Not many players this time but I really hope this will be a trilogy! Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I guess it’s too late to answer? I’ll send a PM just in case time hasn’t run out.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Becky, you have scored 5/10.
sorry, but its a tricky quiz,
anyways, its nice to see you taking place even if it past its deadline.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top