• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelluckyloserTheTMD

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 5 October

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The Journey Down: Over the Edge

Indeed it is Bwana, indeed it is!

As the Kickstarter for the third episode of The Journey Down is underway and kicking along not too badly - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/983397390/the-journey-down I expect that this is a game which won’t need much introduction here.

However, as you may well know, Part 1 did start life as a free game made with AGS, released some 5 years ago now (does that make you feel old Theo?!)

It was released to instant admiration at the time and falls squarely into the category of “This game is free? Seriously? ARE YOU INSANE!!!111!!”.

So, if somehow you haven’t managed to check out TJD yet, or are just curious to see an earlier (but still absolutely beautiful) version, then why not download the AGS version quick before Theo remembers he’s left it uploaded somewhere! Wink

Or better still go and buy parts 1 and 2 from your digital distributor of choice.

Or even better than that, go and back that Kickstarter! Laughing

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Is it same story as JD Ep1? Is it worth playing the freeware for someone that already played (and loved) the other episodes?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The “proper” commercial one is kind of an expansion of the freeware one with more locations and puzzles and improved graphics & voice acting etc. that the freeware one didn’t have - although it still had a great soundtrack!

To be honest it’s been a while since I’ve played both versions and I can’t remember exactly how much of a difference there is but they have the same story.

The “proper” one is better for sure, but I thought it was a good excuse to pimp the kickstarter campaign! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I backed the kickstarter so I can get all the episodes.  It’s one I’ve been meaning to play for a long time.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top