• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS - Release 31 August 2015

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Chris made some images of Fallout as an isometric-RPG

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-02-what-if-fallout-4-was-an-oldschool-isometric-rpg

That looks great. Bethesda/Inxile will should get it touch Smile

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 September 2015 08:09 AM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-02-what-if-fallout-4-was-an-oldschool-isometric-rpg

That looks great. Bethesda/Inxile will should get it touch Smile

Fargo should fire all artists and throw UE4 money to him.
Just hire him and give all the money to him.

Pyke, personal request, now you have made render of Bioshock and Fallout, kindly do ResidentEvil and Metal Gear next.

Thanks Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Chris is talented guy, there’s no doubt about it. And now that he has had Stasis out of his system, I have no doubt we’ll see some great stuff coming from him.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

tomimt - 02 September 2015 03:57 AM

Also I’m not a fan of the description text displaying on lower right, as that made it feel unnecessarily cumbersome to catch.

As soon as I saw this feature in the early alpha I considered it a fallout tribute. So I loved it immediately.

wilco - 02 September 2015 08:09 AM

I remember some pretty cool isometric tributes to Bioshock and Blade Runner as well (the blade runner one had an animation if I’m not wrong)

Anyways, can’t wait to play the game. That was like my most anticipated game of the year. Can’t be happier with all the positive talk it gets. Congrats Pyke.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Enjoying the game now. It’s great Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I haven’t got this immersed into a game for quite a long time. Big thumbs up for the overall atmosphere of the game. Despite minor stuff like some of the characters reactions everything in this game clicked so well and I really felt like part of the game’s world (which is the thing I value the most in games). I enjoyed the puzzles, they weren’t something I should bang my head on, but they felt like real problems that need to be solved in a situations like this. Got stuck only once (in the screen with the queen where I needed to interact with her in a certain moment)
I’m literally speechless regarding the graphics and the sound design. And the amount of details is really astonishing. You probably haven’t slept at all for the last five years, Chris. That seems like enormous work.
The whole setting feels like a mash-up of many favorite themes. I adore the retro feel of the interior even though everything in it is pretty hi-tech. Got some serious Alien vibe in it (which is the most atmospheric sci-fi movie I’ve seen along with Blade Runner. Real decors outmatches modern CGI by miles). Found some really entertaining references as well. Fallout must have been the biggest of them all. With the storytelling “look” option at everything around you, the interface and the outlook of the computer terminals, the Juka Cola Laughing . All of that accompanied with Mark Morgan’s music felt like walking through Sierra Army Depot all over again. Browsing through PDA’s on the other hand reminded me of playing System Shock 2. Pretty similar setting: waking up on an infested ship full of dead bodies and progressing the story by reading through their diaries.
The ending left me with many unanswered questions. I’d love to chat about those because the story’s really multilayered and many of the story elements lie hidden beneath the surface. But since no one started a discussion I’ll satisfy myself with what’s been written in other discussions. I’ll just say that so far I haven’t read a single theory that completely explains everything and totally excludes all the other theories that exist Smile

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

So glad that you enjoyed it!

I’ve really enjoyed reading peoples interpretations of the story (and the smaller stories in the game). I do have a definitive ‘this is what happened’ - but purposefully wrote the story that it could have different interpretations. I personally love it when things are left a little open ended in stories!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pyke - 17 September 2015 04:19 PM

So glad that you enjoyed it!

I’ve really enjoyed reading peoples interpretations of the story (and the smaller stories in the game). I do have a definitive ‘this is what happened’ - but purposefully wrote the story that it could have different interpretations. I personally love it when things are left a little open ended in stories!

I can definitely agree with this. The more ambiguous original cut of Donnie Darko is WAY better than the clear director’s cut, for instance.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

“A few things I have found to be true. If you leave out important things or events that you know about, the story is strengthened. If you leave or skip something because you do not know it, the story will be worthless. The test of any story is how very good the stuff that you, not your editors, omit.” — Ernest Hemingway

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 02 September 2015 03:57 AM

Also I’m not a fan of the description text displaying on lower right, as that made it feel unnecessarily cumbersome to catch. It would have been better if those texts would have been displayed under the mouse cursor, as that’s where my eyes were naturally.

Ditto, there should be a downright patch to either enlarge the text font, or ‘as you said’ displayed near the cursor ..
it’s a serious issue, since the game lacks voice descriptions,  grant these words!

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 19 September 2015 08:14 PM

Ditto, there should be a downright patch to either enlarge the text font

It’s actually larger now than it was at launch.  Maybe not as large as you want, but it’s definitely better.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dale - 20 September 2015 02:04 PM
Advie - 19 September 2015 08:14 PM

Ditto, there should be a downright patch to either enlarge the text font

It’s actually larger now than it was at launch.  Maybe not as large as you want, but it’s definitely better.

that good (enough) news!
but what should i do, now, i just started it.. should redownload a new copy of steam (before i go too far into the game)?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 20 September 2015 07:29 PM

that good (enough) news!
but what should i do, now, i just started it.. should redownload a new copy of steam (before i go too far into the game)?

I have the GOG version, so it might be different on Steam, but can’t you just download the patch instead of redownloading the entire game?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Nevermind, fool me!
i am downloading it.. thanks Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Wow, the game is really Awesome, makes me start questioning the need (even) for 2d adventures, when you can build a simple isometric art-work for the sake of spending more developing time into -how are we gonna intrigue those grumpy bastards-, great job.

I just love it when my Hype is not disappointed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top