• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 09 August 2015 12:57 PM
zane - 08 August 2015 06:07 PM

hes sitting next to triumph.

Yeah, I know, that’s what the walkthrough told me. Fine, why don’t you come over here and show me.  Tongue

Not that it matters anymore. I’m not going back to the game, so I watched the rest on youtube.

PS: One more reason to provide the option of saving manually.

i’ll do it if its a less than 20 min drive Tongue
It just isnt a very complicated game.
I’ll agree with you on the manual saving though. The game definitely has enough exploration that it needs manual saving. That and skipping dialogues are common complaints that should be easy patchable fixes.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 09 August 2015 02:21 PM

Sorry you did not enjoy it, and I can understand why the story would not appeal to everyone, but as in terms of puzzle design and execution it shocks me anyone would have trouble beating this game. because the puzzles are very easy to begin with, and on top of that there is multiple ways to solve all puzzles.

Did I complain about the puzzles? Well, did I?

I think this a great game for kids, ages 8-13 to introduce to the adventure game genre. it would be challenging enough for them, without getting frustrated at the game, plus it is like a disney movie come to life.

Thank you. You’ve got yourself a new 67-year old friend.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1642

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Karlok - 09 August 2015 06:07 PM
Jdawg445 - 09 August 2015 02:21 PM

Sorry you did not enjoy it, and I can understand why the story would not appeal to everyone, but as in terms of puzzle design and execution it shocks me anyone would have trouble beating this game. because the puzzles are very easy to begin with, and on top of that there is multiple ways to solve all puzzles.

Did I complain about the puzzles? Well, did I?

I think this a great game for kids, ages 8-13 to introduce to the adventure game genre. it would be challenging enough for them, without getting frustrated at the game, plus it is like a disney movie come to life.

Thank you. You’ve got yourself a new 67-year old friend.

yes slightly when you said you couldnt figure out how to get the hamster out the tree, and the answer to the problem is literally right beside the tree. your 67 huh, now I know why you hate the quick time events, I agree they can be a little annoying but in this game they are pretty easy compared to other games. I agree this is a game that should have had an option to skip them if you chose to. Sorry you did not enjoy this game, I will say this though this game needs to be played with a gamepad, I tried with keyboard and it was a lot less fun. If you got an xbox controller than this game is literally plug and play

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 09 August 2015 09:10 PM

yes slightly when you said you couldnt figure out how to get the hamster out the tree, and the answer to the problem is literally right beside the tree.

That’s your interpretation of what I said. You didn’t consider the possibility it might be a bug that I didn’t find anything to do after running around for an hour. I admit your I’m-shocked-you’re-so-stupid posts irked me enough to start the game again and check. Well, it now refuses to load properly. I can sit and watch little blue Graham running on my black screen forever. Ctrl-alt-del gets me out of it. Tried again, same result. 

My last post in this thread. Phew!

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I never called you stupid and if that is how it came across than I am sorry, I just have a frank way of speaking, I am working on it as my wife does not like it all the time either.

I never experienced any bugs and I had 2 plathroughs on my machine, I chose wit and my kids being kids chose the obvious which is strength.

I still wonder before you deleted it and re installed was there a bug or had you just not done something yet, because this game has serious choices like a telltale game, but where telltale does it with all dialogue kings quest does 90 percent of it with puzzle solving choice. Like I said I went down the wit path, but I did stray into the strength part when I shot all the goblins, bc I thought it was just a game of whack a mole.

if the game is broken I would get my money back from steam, nobody should be left with a broken game

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jdawg445 - 10 August 2015 05:26 AM

I never called you stupid and if that is how it came across than I am sorry, I just have a frank way of speaking, I am working on it as my wife does not like it all the time either.

As you may have noticed, I too have a frank way of speaking. We’ll get along splendidly. Smile

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

Just reading Karloks posts I dont think this game is for me. Im an older adventure gamer too and cant stand telltale qte style of games and even less so action scenes in adventure games.If its not point and click then its not for me.I might check it out when it goes on sale on steam for a fiver or even better get it for free on my kindle like all the telltale walking dead series.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

mo54 - 10 August 2015 06:27 PM

Just reading Karloks posts I dont think this game is for me. Im an older adventure gamer too and cant stand telltale qte style of games and even less so action scenes in adventure games.If its not point and click then its not for me.I might check it out when it goes on sale on steam for a fiver or even better get it for free on my kindle like all the telltale walking dead series.

sorry to hear that I can tell you the qte in this game are very easy, it will always be the same button press so even if you mess up the first time it will be the same button again the next time always. Like I and others have said though this game is meant to be played with a controller to enjoy it to the fullest.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

on a positive note I will tell you what other movie franchise this reminds me of especially in tone, the franchise is how to train your dragon. that series has humor, fun, sillyness, and yes some gut wrenching sadness. kings quest reminds me a lot of that

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

can someone answer this for me? are the graphics better on the PS4 version vs the PS3 version? also, would the PC/Mac version have better graphics than either of those?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I finished the episode last night. Really enjoyed it. I love that there seem to be so many alternate puzzle solutions - I’m not planning to replay right away, but when I do I’ll try doing the eye quest differently to see how that changes my later options.

Regarding Triumph in the tree: I also used the work order on the rock, and when I was stumped trying to trigger the speed test I checked a walkthrough that mentioned using the work order on the tree, so I figured I needed to find another solution. What tripped me up here was that I’d forgotten about the entrance to the cave, which is at the top of the screen where you can see Trimuph dangling. I first found the cave before I had the lantern and before I’d really figured out where everything was in the forest, and then never noticed it again. So a hint like “Acorn is standing right next to the tree” only helps if someone has figured out how to reach the *bottom* of the tree, which is through that cave…

My only complaints about the episode are that it froze a lot between screens (on PS3 - a known issue apparently, but no fix offered) and I had some frustration with some of the deaths in the cave, especially the boulders falling from the ceiling where I kept getting myself killed as soon as the sequence started and then had to sit through the animation again only to get myself killed again immediately. I had a similar experience jumping on the barrels after Achaka when my controller didn’t seem to be correctly pointing Graham in the direction I was trying to move him in.

Overall, though, I really liked it and could tell the people involved love King’s Quest.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m also experiencing the freezing issues on the PS3. I suppose optimising King’s Quest for the Cell was less important now that we’re in the thick of the current gen.

Cross-platform support would have been nice but with this and my previous thoughts - I’m not really keen on supporting the full season.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The Odd Gentlemen tweeted today that they’re working on the PS3 freeze issue, fwiw.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

Is anyone else looking forward to the next chapter?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Second episode before the end of the year

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/28/9223837/kings-quest-episode-two-will-be-rubble-without-a-cause

Will be called Rubble without a Cause

and

Korba added that while the first episode was inspired by the original King’s Quest and its sequel, the next will be more like King’s Quest 3. “Those games were always changing and evolving,” he said. “We want to play with that.”

Hype hype hype

Edit: Small Teaser

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top