• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

iOS beta testers needed - Yoomurjak’s Ring (FMV adventure)

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Hi all.

The fine folks at Private Moon Studios are looking for help in porting Yoomurjak’s Ring to iOS platforms, so I told them I’d put the word out to the AG community.

If you’ve not played or even heard of Yoomurjak’s Ring, this is a great chance to get involved in one of the better yet most unheralded FMV games of the last decade. Really the only reason it didn’t get more widespread notice was that it was never fully voiced in English. Subtitles, yes, but all voicework was in its native Hungarian. Of course, being an FMV game (which look horrible dubbed), this is really a GOOD thing, but probably prevented it from getting more mainstream attention.

Anyway, hopefully the iOS port will help the game reach a whole new audience. The mobile version will be simplified somewhat from the PC original, but not dumbed down in any way. The dialogue will be more streamlined, but the new release will keep the full story and all puzzles, presented in HD.

The game is essentially complete, but still needs to be fully beta tested, and that’s where you come in. If you have either an iPhone or iPad, you can help!

At the moment, testing is being done using the Testflight app, which is free to download. Testflight requires iOS 8 to run, but the game itself runs on earlier devices and OSes, so if there are enough volunteers with older systems interested, Private Moon will consider using another testing method (UDIDs) to allow it.

If you’re interested in playing a very good game and making an important contribution to its future success, please either respond in this thread or send a PM to Pilaus here on AG. You’ll then be contacted directly by Private Moon with further instructions.

No prior experience with the game is required. In fact, if you haven’t played it yet, it’s recommended NOT to play the PC version first, as then you’ll be approaching the new version completely fresh. (Though it’s certainly not a problem if you already have.)

Just remember: the purpose of beta testing isn’t to simply enjoy the game (though I suspect that will inevitably happen), but to break it. Try weird things, experiment, bend the perceived rules, and see if the game holds up. If it does, great. If it doesn’t, then you’ve helped by identifying the problem areas.

Testing is underway now, and will probably continue for a good 4-6 weeks more, though no specific deadline exists. Depends what you testers uncover!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sure - set me up.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-02-10

PM

Jackal, thank you for posting this :-)

Concerning your point about the Hungarian voice in Yoomurjak’s Ring on PC: this is one of the things that was removed from the iOS versions. The developers have worked out a new method of delivering the emotions of the characters.

Indeed, it was a challenge to make the size of the game smaller while preserving its values to the maximum extent. At the same time, some useful help functions have been added.

As Jackal wrote, if you’re interested in beta testing on iPad or iPhone (or even both), please indicate here or in a PM to me.

(You don’t need any special experience, just the iOS device and the Testflight app).

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-02-10

PM

Mikekelly, I’ve sent you a PM.

Mikekelly - 31 July 2015 04:53 PM

Sure - set me up.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top