• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 30 July 2015 11:42 AM

Caption Contest #47: Avast, me hearties!

Nelly (angrily): “So why can’t I find any bread, milk & tea-bags in this shop?”

Store-keeper (groaning & mumbling to himself): “I just knew I was going to get trouble when I was persuaded to name this place ‘Ammunition SUPERMARKET’”

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Here we see the opera singer shocked by the setting in the new updated AG version of ‘The Pirates of Penzance’ being told to start singing…..or else!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Anna decided to be more careful when hanging up the swords after the last incident.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

“Sorry mother, I’m about to lose that lovely white shirt you bought me to this ‘wee girl’ who’s determined to have it!”

Expected mother’s response: “But son, how so? you told me you were gay”

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I told you that a white sail doesn’t mean the same as a white flag…

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sooo, how are the anger management classes going?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Over the Top fan art…

Jordan Mechner translated the action-packed Prince of Persia: Warrior Within into a point-and-click AG.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

TimovieMan - 31 July 2015 10:33 AM

Do you mean this game?

Note: that vid links to an amazing scene from the movie The Orphanage. Those kids are ghosts, btw, and in context the scene was terrifying beyond belief!

Basically yes, although it’s usually played in the garden at children’s parties for fun rather than in the dead of night in a creepy old house! Wink

Film looks cool though, may have to have a look at that.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 03 August 2015 06:49 AM

Film looks cool though, may have to have a look at that.

It’s a pretty good film. Several great scenes (that “knock on the wall” game is one of them), and a compelling ending. It’s more supernatural thriller than real horror, though. Think The Others or The Sixth Sense.
The director made The Impossible after this.
Oh, and Guillermo Del Toro is executive producer. Wink

Anyway,

She had a strategy: one hand ready to arm wrestle and the other ready to flash a boob to distract her opponent…

I said “REEF the mainsail”, not “WRECK the mainsail”!!!

Nelly had the starring role of Esmeralda in this production of “The Hunchback of Ye Olde Shoppe”.

When the cat purred at his own genius, the members of the Dogs Only Group (D.O.G.) started suspecting that they were infiltrated.

She knew she was going to lose points in this round of the Bar Olympics, but she was convinced she’d win the drinking contest that was to follow…

Kate Walker was furious! Not only had he wrecked the boat, but he’d crushed poor Oscar under the mast as well!  Angry

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You put your sword right in,
You put your sword right out,
You put your sword right in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey Pokey
And you twirl your sword around.
That’s what it’s all about!

“We got here as fast as we could when we heard you’d run aground.  Sorry it took so long.”

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

It would appear from that screenshot Sunny Blonde has 2 left arms!

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

WHERE… IS… MY… TEDDY BEAR?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Gaius was beginning to suspect that the Feathered Barrel of Invisibility wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Sunny hoped the hidden electric buzzer would do the trick.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alpha group: “Now, you must wear the cone barrel of shame!”
Gaius James Rover: “I do not like the cone barrel of shame…

Gaius James “Cannibal” Rover: “Are those bananas in your pockets or are you just glad to see me?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top