• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anna’s Quest

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

zane - Oh yeah, I really liked her performance too, completely agree! I was worried, we had trouble casting the character for a while and it seemed like we were never going to find the right person. In the end her delivery was better than anything I imagined! Thanks for the kind words ^^

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I started playing the game. I quickly remembered all the steps for the Tower escape chapter. I’m in the village now and I love all the little humorous references, like Anna’s reaction if you try to push the mill witch into the stove, the bartender’s reaction about the crests with the family symbols of a lion and a wolf and last but not least the needle in the haystack (the same happened in TWW. Seems that Daedelic likes this little joke).

Love the game!!!

EDIT: I am now playing the chapter where I control a little Winfriede!! Excellent!!! I also agree that the chapter in Hell was probably the best one. The final dialog with the Devil was also superb.
If the game keeps up the same quality to the end of it, I will consider it one of the best (if not the best) of Daedelic IMHO.

EDIT 2: Bittersweet ending, I really believed that there was room for redemption for Winfriede, especially after the entire built up of the last chapter. Nevertheless,  a great game and a solid 8,5-9/10 in my books. Highly recommended.

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Thanks so much for playing Sefir, and for the very kind words! I’m so glad you enjoyed it Smile

People at Deadalic brought up that they had used the haystack joke before when we were near the end of development, which actually surprised me. I had completely forgotten their use of it, and had in fact put it in as a nod to a completely different game - King’s Quest V! Although of course, Anna doesn’t get the help of an ant colony ^^

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sughly - 09 July 2015 09:50 PM

People at Deadalic brought up that they had used the haystack joke before when we were near the end of development, which actually surprised me. I had completely forgotten their use of it, and had in fact put it in as a nod to a completely different game - King’s Quest V! Although of course, Anna doesn’t get the help of an ant colony ^^

Any AG haystack joke is a nod to King’s Quest V in my book. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I am also playing it right now, I have just gotten out of Hell, and so far I love it!

Good puzzles that are neither too easy nor overcomplicated, a great story, great protagonist, good writing, lots of humour, graphics that suits the game - I really can’t think of anything to complain about, okay if I started to nitpick then I could probably find something, but that would be nitpicking.

It also kind of reminds me of Harvey’s New Eyes, and not just because of the Harvey doll in the antique store, especial Anna herself reminds me quite a bit of Lilli, though with a larger vocabulary. I don’t know if that is the Daedalic influence or purely a coincidence?

Edit: BTW Sughly, you wouldn’t happen to be an ABBA fan would you?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 10 July 2015 12:47 PM

It also kind of reminds me of Harvey’s New Eyes, and not just because of the Harvey doll in the antique store, especial Anna herself reminds me quite a bit of Lilli, though with a larger vocabulary. I don’t know if that is the Daedalic influence or purely a coincidence?

I would think it pure coincidence Izno as Harvey’s New Eyes and the original Anna’s Quest were both released in 2012.

Been tied up with a very poorly server (amongst other things) so I haven’t been able to play for a few days but hope to be able to continue over the weekend. Still in Chapter 2 and learning how to play a church organ. So far the game has lived up to my very high expectations.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Iznogood - thanks for playing! I feel like my responses here are quickly becoming a list of adventure games I haven’t played (I’ve played a whole heap though, I swear!), but sadly Harvey’s New Eyes is another I never got far in. I am a terrible adventure fan, I know! Like Jabod said though, I didn’t even know it existed when I started Smile The Abba thing - this was a joke that came about from my own typing skills, actually. When I was writing the script, I SO often kept typing Anna as ‘Abba’ (look at your keyboard - can you blame me?). So when I needed a false name from her on the fly it just fit. But yes, I indulge in a little Abba now and then Smile

Jabod - so glad you like it so far! Hope you enjoy the rest too Smile

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Congratulations on the game release Dane, I got to playing through it today.
I was surprised after reading reviews and digging a bit deeper to find you are also from Brisbane, very cool!
Superb ending, was sad to see Anna leave Ben and Reynard; I thought Reynard was destined to join Anna and her Grandfather on the farm to eat all the fruit he desired...
Nonetheless, great job, lovely artwork and amazing voice acting for a game!
Well done mate, adventure game of the year for me.
Look forward to seeing what you work on next…

My computer runs DOS only.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^you should add some spoiler tags there. Not the worst spoilers…but still Tongue

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Thanks seakash! Glad a fellow Brisbane point and click fan enjoyed it! I had actually considered that too once upon a time, but then it seemed like Reynard was a little greedy and needed the endless supply a rich family like Ben’s could offer, as oppose to dinting poor Anna and Grandpa’s source of food and income Smile

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Will there be an English dvd/cd version of the game? (I know there’s a German version with English subtitles). I bought the original version in the past but I am a bit reluctant (and at the same time very tempted) to buy the extended version, as I would love to have a hard copy of this beautiful game.

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Aww thanks mart! To be honest, I’m not even sure since it’s not something I’ve personally discussed with distribution. As far as I know, there aren’t actually any German dialogue spoken for the game, so if there are listings for a German physical copy then I would guess it’s in English with the option for German subtitles (and probably English too). I don’t believe there’s any international, English based retail variations planned though. Sorry, I’m not particularly helpful! I’ll look into it and update this if I hear more on it.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Ah thanks! I checked Amazon.de after your message and it states that the “Anleitung” (manual) is in German. I misread that, thought it were the voices. (Captions are in “Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Spanisch, Russisch”). So after your remarks and my check I think it is best to order this - “German” - copy. I am looking forward to it, as I enjoyed the original game so much (it wasn’t only a beautiful game, it was also very cleverly done).
I would be amazed if this version of the game wouldn’t do very well, and I think that every AG member should buy the game :-) I mean I am playing Dreamfall Chapters, Life is Strange and various other new games, but Anna’s Quest is something very special.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am playing this beautifully packed puzzles piece of an adventure, but one thing i could not resist to fall in love with, in a jiffy!; Anna’s voice, so i looked her up:
Sophie Le Neveu Heart  Heart  Heart

Image Attachments

rsz_1sophien_copy1_20130819113608.jpg

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

also glad that the four coin verbs have been eliminated into two (right-left Clicks) only, with the full game release, seems more convenient!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top