• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day -  Sunday, 2 August

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I thought about it a lot (not), and came to conclusion that “Golden Age” adventures, classics… all have memorable protagonists. Yes, yes, the music is great, the production is top-notch, puzzles are good… but it’s that tiny, hard-to-achieve perception where the character is your buddy, your neighbour or… you. A breathing sort.

King in Ceville is one of these - mix of Malcolm from Kyrandia, Black Adder and some other famous anti-heroes, it still oozed with character. He wasn’t really predictable. Memorable protagonists are those that ask for sequels, and Ceville is definitely one of those games.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Never played Ceville, but I know I will probably like it when I do. I heavily disagree though that memorable protagonists strive for sequels. I can name you a hell lot of awsome andmemorable protagonists (Manny in GF, Jake Stonebender in CCS, Susan in the Cat Lady, etc) that their game and story is so full that no sequel is really needed. It depends more on the depth of the storyline that is presented in the original game.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

One of the things I really liked about Ceville is that you have two protagonists. Ceville who is an evil, selfish, egocentric, grumpy little gnome of a man, who cares about nothing but himself, and we have Lilly who is a girlscout-ish do-gooder who always thinks about others, and wouldn’t dream of doing anything wrong.

Yet through the course of this game, Ceville actually ends up doing a lot of good things, whereas Lilly, much to her regret, has to do a lot of evil stuff. So there is this reversal of the roles, where it is the good that does all the evil, and the evil that does all the good. I like that kind of stuff Smile

And I agree, it is simply just screaming for a sequel.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Good game, one of the rare games that really made me laugh in some situations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top