• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021SamandMax

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Readers Top 10

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I knew I made a top 10 in the forums years ago, I found them in he forums in this thread:
http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17309

So my top 10 from 9 years ago was (9 years already?!?)

1. Zork Nemesis
2. Tex Murphy 3 - Under A Killing Moon
3. Space Quest 5
4. Zork Grand Inquisitor
5. Monkey Island 3 - Curse of Monkey Island
6. Discworld: Noir
7. Syberia
8. The Longest Journey
9. Day of the Tentacle
10. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

So young and carefree choices Tongue , I would now put Pandora Directive up there but maintain the love for Zork and SQ (But ZGI is better on replay). MI3 would be out and MI1 in (I was probably blinded by the awesome graphics at the time). I don’t understand why Grim Fandango is not there!
And that top10 was certainly before discovering DS adventures…
I don’t think I can even make a top10 now

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I`ve always known which adventure game is my favorite but I never considered making a personal top ten so after giving it some serious thought I`ve combined two of my favorite things (AG and top tens) and came up with this bad boy of a list:

10. Memoria
9.  Myst IV Revelation
8.  Sanitarium
7.  Scratches
6.  Broken Sword: The Shadows of the Templars
5.  The Walking Dead: Season One
4.  Syberia
3.  Portal 2
2.  The Secret of Monkey Island
1.  Grim Fandango

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

7.  Scratches

Not in the top 10 I posted BUT I can see why it would be now that I am playing it.

When I finished the Scratches CP - it maybe in my top 10 as well.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-07-20

PM

Imposible to choose witch one is better than other, so in chronological order of play:

Amerzone
Syberia
Black Mirror
Sanitarium
Still Life
Secret Files: Tunguska
Gray Matter
The Moment of Silence
Gemini Rue

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Nothing changed much for me since the last time…

1.  Riven: the Sequel to Myst
2.  Grim Fandango
3.  Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
4.  The Longest Journey
5.  The Whispered World
6.  Dark Eye (InSCAPE’s)
7.  Machinarium
8.  Resonance
9.  Monkey Island III: The Curse of Monkey Island
10. Discworld Noir
11. The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Here’s my List:

1. The Secret of Monkey Island
2. The Dig
3. The Longest Journey
4. The Journey Down 1
5. Police Quest 2
6. Beneath a Steel Sky
7. Gabriel Knight 1
8. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
9. Larry 1
10. Loom
(11. Syberia)
(12. Blade Runner)

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

My top 10

1. Day of the Tentacle
2. Curse Of Monkey Island
3. The Longest Journey
4. Grim Fandango
5. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
6. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
7. Space Quest 6
8. Space Quest 5
9. Space Quest 4
10. Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate

Can’t wait for the DOTT remake!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Two new additions to my 7-8 bracket gave me an actual rounded top-10:

1. The Curse of Monkey Island
2-6. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
2-6. Day of the Tentacle
2-6. Full Throttle
2-6. Grim Fandango
2-6. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
7-10. The Dig
7-10. Toonstruck
7-10. Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
7-10. The Cat Lady

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

1. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - Easily the best, largely because of the voice performances and the atmosphere. I know many people don’t like the voices (they’re wrong of course), but it’s one of the only games where I actually enjoy sitting there listening to long stretches of dialogue.

2. Leisure Suit Larry 6
3. Maniac Mansion (NES version preferred)
4. Monkey Island 2

Those 3 all embody what I consider to be the original and just about the best and “purest” form of adventure gaming - getting a fairly open world available early on, with many different puzzles that can be solved in many different orders.

5. Portal - Adventure Gamers has the Portals on their list so I’ll happily include this. Oddly enough, if I’m ranking games in all genres then this is probably in my top 5, while the four games I listed prior to this one would not be.

Portal 2 I don’t think belongs in a Top 100 list in any genre, for what it’s worth. Perfect example of something original and pure and brilliant, that told its story largely through interaction with the world instead of explicit dialogue, “gone Hollywood” in a derogatory sense.

6. Space Quest 3
7. The Walking Dead: Season 1
8. Leisure Suit Larry 3
9. Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive

10. Sam & Max: Season 3 - Loved the Twilight Zone presentation and loved that it was a largely “traditional” adventure game that still managed to innovate in many ways.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Danganronpa 2

Danganronpa

Virtue’s Last Reward

The Walking Dead Season 1 -w- 400 days (PSVITA Version)

The Last Window

Hotel Dusk

Another Code

Thersia Dear Emile

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Again

——————————————————————-

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mikekelly - 12 August 2015 09:44 PM

Again

No offense, but really??? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, I really liked “Again” - yes, it’s CING’s worst game, but I still really liked it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3L69QH5AH4SDJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00320JAX8#R3L69QH5AH4SDJ

Heart

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yeah, I get liking the game (I didn’t think it was bad at all), but like you say: it’s Cing’s worst, so I find it surprising that it beats out Corpse Party, Ghost Trick, 999, Broken Sword, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall (all games that featured in your previous top 10s). A little surprising, imo.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yeah, I get liking the game (I didn’t think it was bad at all), but like you say: it’s Cing’s worst, so I find it surprising that it beats out Corpse Party, Ghost Trick, 999, Broken Sword, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall (all games that featured in your previous top 10s). A little surprising, imo.

Again is easily the worst game in this top ten. I just replayed ‘Again’ on my DSi XL and it was actually a great playthrough. I just loved certain parts of the game.

I know I’m probably going to be burnt at the stake for saying this, but I found Again to be much more fun than Hotel Dusk.

I’m sure next top ten it will get the boot - I’m playing Gabriel Knight on my ipad mini and lovin’ it so change is in the wind!

‘Grim Fandango’ on the PSVITA is pretty fetching too - so my number 10 spot could be hotly contested next time around.

Wink

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

1. Phoenix Wright trilogy
2. Deponia trilogy
3. Ghost Trick
4. Day of the Tentacle
5. The Whispered World
6. Machinarium
7. Curse of Monkey Island
8. The Inner World
9. Grim Fandango
10. Zork: Grand Inquisitor

A bit harsh on the older adventure games, but I tried to rank based on current perceived worth rather than nostalgia.

Also, I noticed someone else here was putting Umineko on his top 10 - it’s neither an adventure nor a game so I kept it off my list, but it’d have been 1st place if it was on there.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top