• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I’m not very far into the game yet (about halfway through Chapter 2) but so far, I agree. The lore, tone, atmosphere and dialog writing is actually much more profound and deep than I expected. Everything feels so real, bleak and lived in. I’m loving all of it, really.

I’ve heard those traits are pretty much carried over and expanded upon in the sequels. I’m eager to play them too.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Open world works satisfactory,i didnt feel constrained yet.Eg:At some point a baron holds information and asks for searching lost party but Geralt already in a search mission, anyway on same track came across another loser asking him to find his lost goat! enough is enough immediately leave velen to novigrad and can continue main story missions.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sales = 4Million in 2 weeks, good going.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

... just in case there was still any doubt that the witcher is mainstream Tongue
Those are some AAA sales numbers.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yeah, single-player RPGs still going strong!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, for sure EA wishes they had sales like that for Dragon Age.

CD Project’s got a hell of a story. They went from outsider indie sleeper hit to besting the big dogs in two sequels.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Frogacuda - 19 June 2015 04:06 PM

Yeah, for sure EA wishes they had sales like that for Dragon Age.

EA should look at those numbers and use the Star Wars license to make a new single-player Kotor.  Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The reason why consoles were necessary for Witcher series.
Sold most on PS4.

NPD May,

1.) The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
3.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
4.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
5.) Splatoon (Wii U)
6.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
7.) NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
8.) FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Vita)
9.) MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
10.) Super Smash Bros. (3DS, Wii U)

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I’m glad it’s selling so well. And have you heard that the PC version has sold more copies directly through GOG than any other store, even Steam? Given how much I love GOG, this is also great news.

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

Jade - 22 June 2015 04:44 PM

I’m glad it’s selling so well. And have you heard that the PC version has sold more copies directly through GOG than any other store, even Steam? Given how much I love GOG, this is also great news.

It may have helped that they launched their store client alongside with Witcher. Automatic patches and updates are a big deal, for me at least.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Oh definitely, I’m sure. The Witcher 3 was such a highly anticipated title; the timing couldn’t have been better to launch their client.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The support for this game is great, they keep patching important stuff in the game. The next has some great stuff:

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
Various improvements to horse behavior.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, that is how CDPR rolls. They made massive improvements to Witcher 1 and 2 in addition to expanding their content post-release.

I finally finished Witcher 3 yesterday. It might be my favorite RPG ever. It just does such a fantastic job of building a massive world that’s really worth exploring, not just because there are monsters and trinkets to find, but because there are real characters and personal stories everywhere you turn. It just works so well with the Witcher lore and the idea of being this roaming monster slayer who bounces from town to town hoping to scrape up enough coin to feed his horse. For much of the game, the central story about trying to find Ciri is more of a framing device for all these really great smaller subplots that add up to this sense of a whole world and life to live.

Sure it has flaws—mechanically the game is nothing special, even a little clunky—but the verisimilitude of its world and the quality of the storytelling more than make up for it. Really great game. I can’t wait to see how Cyberpunk 2077 shapes up.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

7 gb update released now,no doubt CDPR developer of the year.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top