• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Improving the AG community - your thoughts on Kickstarter idea

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

So, just to let you guys know, we’re still figuring out how to approach this etc. There might not be a concrete update on this in a while, but it’s obvious that a lot of you guys support this and that we should move ahead with it. We’re figuring out a plan.

orient - 29 October 2014 08:39 AM

So these proposed changes wouldn’t include a general update to the design of the main site? There’s nothing wrong with it I guess, it just looks a bit dated now. Most sites have moved on to wider widths, bigger images, and responsive designs suitable for phones and tablet. Could make a great final stretch goal.

The forum/wiki stuff is totally contingent on us having funding available so those are the first priority, but were we to exceed our target then yes a new responsive site design is the obvious next thing to look into. It’s something I would love to happen.

tsa - 05 November 2014 04:05 PM

I was wondering. If/when you improve the site, will you also get a new logo? This one is getting a bit stale IMHO…

I am slightly scared of changing the logo as everyone has gotten so attached to it, but I agree with you.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I would also back an AG Kickstarter campaign! Smile One of the reasons I’ve been drifting away from here is that I never came to terms with the new forums. Bring it on, I’ll be there!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Marek - 22 September 2014 07:24 AM

Frankly, our current forums suck. Circumstances forced us into choosing this forum software, as we simply ran out of time and money during our last big revamp (these forums came bundled with ExpressionEngine, the system that the site runs on). We really want to move to a better forum platform that everyone can truly love.

thankyou for admitting this!!! iv noticed. And i would probably support a kickstarter.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Marek - 11 November 2014 05:39 PM
tsa - 05 November 2014 04:05 PM

I was wondering. If/when you improve the site, will you also get a new logo? This one is getting a bit stale IMHO…

I am slightly scared of changing the logo as everyone has gotten so attached to it, but I agree with you.

Please make it in vector format so you can easily enlarge it to put it on T-shirts, towels etc.

I’d love to have an AG T-shirt or something like that!

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

A possible downside (for you) with an improved forum would be that I might start hanging around here again. (But if not only I, but also people like Jelena are drifting away due to the current state of the forum, an upgrade would probably be a net win anyway.) Wink

I’ve ranted about the new forum software before so I won’t repeat myself. I’ll just say that I agree completely with “Frankly, our current forums suck.” as Marek put it. If you asked for donations towards a new forum, I would pitch in. (If I heard about it. I don’t come around very often these days.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

It’s been about ten months since the start of this thread. Has anything been decided yet?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I`ll also back this if it`s ever going to happen, it would be nice to have a new forum because this one is barely working. Also a new site design with cool features like showing the Aggie Award logo on the game pages that won it and a bigger description wiki style for all the games would be great and worthy of supporting.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

In case this was missed, Administrator “tabacco” has posted an announcement regarding migrating AG to a new platform this coming Saturday:

I don’t know what it means, but there it is!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Yeah, a VM platform no less! Virtual Machine?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

A new Virtual Machine unfortunately only refers to the servers this site is running on, and not the actual forum software, so don’t get your hopes up for some major improvements this time Wink

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Iznogood - 24 July 2015 01:05 AM

A new Virtual Machine unfortunately only refers to the servers this site is running on, and not the actual forum software, so don’t get your hopes up for some major improvements this time Wink

Oh poop!  Shifty Eyed    heh heh

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top