• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #34: The Cat Lady

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 01 July 2015 06:43 PM

I peeked at the game just to make sure it runs ok and it looks fabulous.

Jade - 01 July 2015 11:38 PM

I too couldn’t resist booting it up and checking the first area, and wow!

I hope you two haven’t proceeded far into the first chapter! You should wait for the green flag at 7/7! Resist!

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

lol! I haven’t, don’t worry. I literally just looked at the first screen, and from what I gather that’s all Mikekelly did as well. Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Heh, that’s what I did as well.
Launch the game, change the options to my liking, start a new game, watch the intro, walk to the next screen in-game, quit without saving.

It’s called “testing to see if the game works”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

One last thing. It’s been ages since I’ve played an AGS game and I’m a bit puzzled as to what video filter I should use, if any at all. The manual only suggests experimentation—I thought that was rather vague. Wink I have a standard 1080p monitor and tried the 2x Anti-aliasing filter, which apparently scales the game up to 1600 x 1200. It seemed fine but I only played for about two minutes so I’m not sure how consistent that filter is, or if one is even required to begin with. May anyone enlightment me?

I was hoping someone more technical minded might have answered by now - all I can tell you Jade is that I played on Win 7 64 bit & just used the default settings for the game which ran perfectly well! The game is such a great example of what you can do with AGS engine if you have a great story along with the icing on the cake excellent voice-acting!  Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 04 July 2015 02:53 PM

One last thing. It’s been ages since I’ve played an AGS game and I’m a bit puzzled as to what video filter I should use, if any at all. The manual only suggests experimentation—I thought that was rather vague. Wink I have a standard 1080p monitor and tried the 2x Anti-aliasing filter, which apparently scales the game up to 1600 x 1200. It seemed fine but I only played for about two minutes so I’m not sure how consistent that filter is, or if one is even required to begin with. May anyone enlightment me?

I was hoping someone more technical minded might have answered by now - all I can tell you Jade is that I played on Win 7 64 bit & just used the default settings for the game which ran perfectly well! The game is such a great example of what you can do with AGS engine if you have a great story along with the icing on the cake excellent voice-acting!  Smile

The thing is that if the 1600x1200 worked for the beginning of the game, I believe that it will continue to do so with the rest of it. The game is almost entirely based on AGS and I don’t think there will be any differences throughout its course.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, we do have to make sure the game runs, and am happy this game runs on my netbook without any fiddling. Now that I have verified that the game runs ok, i am confidant I can contribute to this playthrough.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I’d like to join this one as well. I’ve played the game once before, a couple of months ago, and thought it was extremely good. I’ve kept it installed since then, meaning to go back and replay it and try out some alternative dialogue paths (I don’t know how much variety there is to see, but there definitely seemed to be some options worth checking out). I’m good to go as soon as the green light is given.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Oh what the h… I’m also going to join in.

It’s really a bit to soon to replay it for my taste, but it is simply too good a game to not join, when it gets selected for a CP.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you were waiting for!!

Let’s begin our dark journey of the human psyche.
You have 1 week (until the 14th of July) to finish the game’s first two chapters.

In the first one, called “HOUSE IN THE WOODS”, we get to know Susan a little better and it is actually the game’s prologue.
The second chapter, called “SECOND FIRST BREATH” takes place mostly in a hospital and in a psychiatrist’s office.

harald - 05 July 2015 07:15 PM

I’d like to join this one as well.

Iznogood - 06 July 2015 04:54 AM

Oh what the h… I’m also going to join in.

I see that more and more people come to join us. Good, good!!

harald - 05 July 2015 07:15 PM

I’ve kept it installed since then, meaning to go back and replay it and try out some alternative dialogue paths (I don’t know how much variety there is to see, but there definitely seemed to be some options worth checking out).

I’ll tell you what you want to hear harald. There is more than one different endings in the game and it all depends on some in-game choices.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Sefir - 06 July 2015 07:58 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you were waiting for!!

Let’s begin our dark journey of the human psyche.
You have 1 week (until the 14th of July) to finish the game’s first two chapters.

Thanks for nothing.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Renacimiento - 07 July 2015 01:42 PM

Thanks for nothing.

???

Something the matter?

Edit: never mind, I just loaded up the game and watched the intro again. I see what you did there… Grin

I’m loving the Screen 7 logo at startup with the bombastic music, btw. Cool

And damn, that’s one chilling intro… Gasp

Edit 2: Goddamnit!!!

One minute into the game and I jumped twice already. First when the director’s name appeared, coupled with a scare chord and again when the stretcher came tumbling out of the ambulance.
This game’ll have me on edge more than Scratches did! Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pardon the double post, but I didn’t want to keep editing the previous one.

The Chapter 1 ending is pure genius - a wake-up call that utterly grabbed my attention.

The “Inside” song reminds me of a mix between Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against the Machine. Its timing in the game was spot on.
And I love the way the credits were handled.

The scene where we talk to the doctor in the beginning of Chapter 2 reminds me of the movie Waltz with Bashir (well, the style at the very least, and especially the lighting).

I’m in the early stages of Chapter 2 and this game already has me.

The art style is wonderful, and the music is great. This’ll be an unsettling ride, I’m sure…

As for decisions, the only obvious one I’ve made so far is telling Death (?) to sod off. I have a feeling that will come back to bite me, but probably less so than trusting her.

Sefir - 01 July 2015 04:30 AM

On the other hand, the animation is pretty basic (almost nonexistant), but the tone of the game is not influenced by that flaw.

I consider it stylistic as well, so I don’t really see it as basic.
Graphics are great!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh I so want to start this already but the stupid spouse of mine started his summer holiday and is ruining my immersion!

I think I’ll find a quite enough evening/night to play this until 14th though. Even my WoW-subscription is expiring before that.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 07 July 2015 06:28 PM

The “Inside” song reminds me of a mix between Nine Inch Nails and Rage Against the Machine. Its timing in the game was spot on.
And I love the way the credits were handled.

Quite possibly the best piece in the game’s soundtrack. Surely my personal favourite.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I like the game so far - it has a dark and creepy atmosphere that has me hooked. So far, this game shows me that indie adventure games can be just as good and engaging as big budget productions.

This game is tte perfect follow up to scratches for me.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top