• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well done to the USA women’s team as they emphatically won the World Cup with a 5-2 win over Japan.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 05 July 2015 11:51 PM

Well done to the USA women’s team as they emphatically won the World Cup with a 5-2 win over Japan.

That match was officially over after 15 minutes. 4-0 in the first quarter, impressive! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2015-07-14

PM

Loving how the women’s game is growing year after year.

FIFA are updating their 2016 game to include women’s national teams - this is great news.

And once more: let’s hear it for the US ladies ! Even without a steller fan campaign, like the UK, they made it Smile

http://screamer.deadspin.com/banner-urges-englands-world-cup-fans-to-come-on-their-g-1713712446

eat my shorts

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

pac_man - 15 July 2015 04:48 AM

FIFA are updating their 2016 game to include women’s national teams - this is great news.

No Japan amongst the 12 teams? Odd.

Even without a steller fan campaign, like the UK, they made it Smile

http://screamer.deadspin.com/banner-urges-englands-world-cup-fans-to-come-on-their-g-1713712446

LOL!

I even missed the innuendo at first. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2015-07-14

PM

TimovieMan - 15 July 2015 06:55 AM
pac_man - 15 July 2015 04:48 AM

No Japan amongst the 12 teams? Odd.

Yes I found Japan’s omission a strange one, too.

Even without a steller fan campaign, like the UK, they made it Smile

LOL!

I even missed the innuendo at first. Tongue

Leave it to the English to turn everything into an innuendo (in your enddo?  Grin

eat my shorts

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

pac_man - 17 July 2015 03:20 AM

Leave it to the English to turn everything into an innuendo (in your enddo?  Grin

Darn, I was going to link-quote the Marx Brothers’ “Monkey Business” movie, but I can’t find a video of the joke in question. So I’m just going to give it in written form:

(after Groucho more or less implies Madame Swempski is a gold digger)
Madame Swempski: I don’t like this innuendo.
Groucho: That’s what I always say: love flies out the door when money comes innuendo.

Grin

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I thought innuendo was an Italian suppository until I discovered Smirnoff vodka.

(Based on a very old vodka add).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just watching the weirdest game ever yesterday in Munich, Lewandowski from Bayern goes in at halftime when Bayern is losing 0-1 and scores 5 goals in 9 minutes!
That’s a record that is not going to be broken for a long time…

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

One of the craziest matches I have ever witnessed. I have seen countless great matches by Bayern Munich troughout the years, but this is surely one I won’t forget.  Very glad for Robert Lewandowski. Great player. He deserves it!

Does anyone remember the first Champions League semi-final 2013 between Dortmund and Real Madrid when Lewandowski scored 4 times?  That wasn’t too bad either. Wink

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I remember that, it was shocking, I thought Madrid was a lock for the final that year Smile
Lewandowski is great but doesn’t seem to be the most regular player, he seems to disappear for a lot of games.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Actually, I don’t think that Lewandowski is the type of player who disappears in important matches. He scored lots of important goals for Dortmund. However, his first year with Bayern Munich was a bit difficult. It seems like it wasn’t that easy for him to find his place in Pep’s system. 

I think he had much more freedom within Dortmund’s system, and the rest of the team was very focussed on involving Lewandowski.  In Munich he’s just one big star out of many others who are very good at scoring goals, and the team does not have to rely on the striker scoring most of the goals.

I’m not even saying his first year with Bayern was bad. It really wasn’t. He just wasn’t as important as in Dortmund. Having said that, I must add that I’m a huge fan of Lewandowski and I think he’s one of the most talented strikers in the world.  If Pep can find a way to integrate him as organically as possible, I have no doubt there are great things ahead for Lewandowski in Munich.  Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ingmar - 24 September 2015 04:56 PM

I think he had much more freedom within Dortmund’s system, and the rest of the team was very focussed on involving Lewandowski.  In Munich he’s just one big star out of many others who are very good at scoring goals, and the team does not have to rely on the striker scoring most of the goals.

I agree with this.
It’s the same issue Gareth Bale is suffering from at Real (where he is nowhere near the “competition destroyer” that he was at Tottenham). Plenty of players have to overcome this when transferring to a big(ger) club…

I have no doubt there are great things ahead for Lewandowski in Munich.  Smile

Of course, he’s a world class striker in a world class team.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Blatter finally getting questioned by police. Hopefully they’ll find something and arrest the lot of them. Unlikely of course…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

And then surely they will go after Platini. Although I really doubt that some of them will end up arrested and/or behind bars, at best they will only leave their positions and future aspirations and they will retire to their mansions, that’s how this ends.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Renacimiento - 25 September 2015 07:31 PM

And then surely they will go after Platini. Although I really doubt that some of them will end up arrested and/or behind bars, at best they will only leave their positions and future aspirations and they will retire to their mansions, that’s how this ends.

At least it’d be a start. The head of the snake cut off, so to speak.

I was very much in favour of the David Ginola bid for FIFA presidency earlier this year. A former player with no association with the current FIFA or UEFA top, and on top of that he very much comes off as a smart guy in interviews and as a pundit, and he’s got charisma to boot. Would’ve been perfect, imo.
Plus it’s someone younger who would probably be less adverse to using video reviews to make refereeing decisions (like they do in the NHL for instance), something the sport REALLY needs…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top