• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Minecraft - TellTaleGames

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 July 2015 03:20 PM

Beyond TWD, Telltale’s lineup looks pretty uninteresting to me. Anyone else?

We dont know anything about their new ip, marvel and Lionsgate projects.
Not even a name.
Looking forward to their any DC,Vertigo, Image, Marvel comic adaption.
TWD is rather predictable with each season.

People dissing MC graphics, what else you people expected?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

zane - 04 July 2015 03:17 PM
TimovieMan - 04 July 2015 12:44 PM

This looks pretty good, and Minecraft fans everywhere are gonna eat this up.

They totally will. But the multi-million dollar question is… how many of those people will buy it expecting a minecraft game with minecraft mechanics. And how many of those people will request a refund after a 1-2 hour episode.

Its also on PS4/3.
360,Xbone.

Considering witcher3 sales on PC and 360 Minecraft sales, chancss are still far more bright.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It will sell a lot, there’s little doubt about it. Minecraft sold 70 million copies (and counting), I’m sure some of them will buy this.
I was expecting it to look bad like Minecraft, but I was hoping it would be something like the Lego Movie and the trailer was just a bunch of boring lines and the usual stuff about choice, choice, choice.

Tad - 04 July 2015 03:20 PM

Beyond TWD, Telltale’s lineup looks pretty uninteresting to me. Anyone else?

They are working on that MIchonne spin-off that doesn’t seem very interesting so not even that, but like Nomad said, a lot is still unknown.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

While I don’t care about the Minecraft, nor an adventure made of it and I do think this looks absolutely horrible, I think it will make a ton of money for them, so good for them. This is one game that will without no doubt bring in money (not that Telltale has had that problem lately), there’s just far too many people who are into Minecraft and couple of million of those will propably jump on this as soon as it hits the stores.

But anyhow, like many on the comments said, bring on The Wolf Among Us season 2 please.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

This will probably be their best selling game, and that is the reason why they bought the rights for it. I haven’t played any TT games since TWD 2, which was average at best (will try Borderlans cause iz looks like it could be good), so don’t know what to expect from this, also I am not a Minecraft fan so iz could surprise me.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tomimt - 04 July 2015 04:59 PM

While I don’t care about the Minecraft, nor an adventure made of it and I do think this looks absolutely horrible,

It looks absolutely horrible because Minecraft looks absolutely horrible. I don’t care about Minecraft either but I still think this looks pretty good because it appears to capture the spirit of Minecraft, and actually seems to take it in a Lego Movie style direction. Presumably minus the humour.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 04 July 2015 04:34 PM

I was expecting it to look bad like Minecraft, but I was hoping it would be something like the Lego Movie and the trailer was just a bunch of boring lines and the usual stuff.

Bad how? when its true to its source material.
Majority here hated when TTG picked Borderlands too, look at the 180.
Now i know MC will not convince as much as Blands, still the VA and Music is better than
90% of old pixelbased or German AGs being made today.

And i found plot and lines of BrokenAge as childish, boring, and usual saturday night cartoon stuff Or Baby/Cartoon Network, in other words we are not alien to that stuff either.

Its just that we dont have any predilections towards this Brand, hence the driveby comments by gamers who were never part of the Franchise.

Dont overlook the fact that there is zero lore or plot in the universe, its a stepping stone, unlike pre existing universes TTG have been cashing upon from TWD to GoT.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It looks completely harmless and pretty consistent to how TellTale would approach a game license. A brief introduction to “the gang”, hints of some big challenge to overcome with sprinklings of familiar tropes and characteristics of the original game.

The overreaction on YouTube with classy comments like “Autism spectrum disorder the game” suggests that the anger is directed at Minecraft and not TTG….. sadly.

I have to say, given the creepers in the trailer, it would be pretty cynical if TellTale tries to build emotion around killing off each gang member every episode or so. A bigger challenge for this company isn’t creating an original IP but keeping everyone alive.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 04 July 2015 06:33 PM

Bad how? when its true to its source material.
Majority here hated when TTG picked Borderlands too, look at the 180.
Now i know MC will not convince as much as Blands, still the VA and Music is better than
90% of old pixelbased or German AGs being made today.

And i found plot and lines of BrokenAge as childish, boring, and usual saturday night cartoon stuff Or Baby/Cartoon Network, in other words we are not alien to that stuff either.

Its just that we dont have any predilections towards this Brand, hence the driveby comments by gamers who were never part of the Franchise.

Dont overlook the fact that there is zero lore or plot in the universe, its a stepping stone, unlike pre existing universes TTG have been cashing upon from TWD to GoT.

The fact that there is no lore in the universe is what is disappointing me so far. I think they haven’t shown they are creating an interesting one. Just compare this trailer to first Borderlands trailer, I think it looked immediately more intriguing.

But this is still a small trailer and shown at Minecon and I never played Minecraft for more than 1 hour so I’m clearly not the target audience for this. Maybe it looked good to Minecraft fans andwhen they show more stuff the game will look better.
VA does look great but more stuff is needed sice graphics and art style will be hard.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 04 July 2015 06:22 PM
tomimt - 04 July 2015 04:59 PM

While I don’t care about the Minecraft, nor an adventure made of it and I do think this looks absolutely horrible,

It looks absolutely horrible because Minecraft looks absolutely horrible. I don’t care about Minecraft either but I still think this looks pretty good because it appears to capture the spirit of Minecraft, and actually seems to take it in a Lego Movie style direction. Presumably minus the humour.

But that’s what made the Lego Movie! Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 04 July 2015 07:25 PM

But that’s what made the Lego Movie! Smile

For a large part, yes. But that doesn’t mean that everything will not be awesome in this game. Tongue

I saw plenty of different locations in what was a mere teaser. Really doesn’t look so bad to me.

Still not interested, though. It’s still Minecraft. Sealed Lips

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

People are forgetting that no one plays Minecraft for the graphics. The reason that Minecraft sold 70 million copies is because it is a virtual lego game where you can build whatever your heart desires. People are most likely going to buy this based on the brand, thinking it is like Minecraft, and never come back when they realize that it is a story driven game.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

By the way, I know this is slightly off topic, but look what an artist achieved in Minecraft:

It is incredible.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game releasing October 13th

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/99936/premiere-dates-revealed-for-minecraft-story-mode

Undecided about this one, will have to see the reviews

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I’m really unsure of this. It’s definitely a wait and see.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top