• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tales from the Borderlands - Telltale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the episode. Good one, not anything groundbreaking in gameplay of course but I think it maintains the quality. Probably a bit better than episode 2.
Best moments:

Loader Bot is my friend again Smile
Sasha don’t let go!!!!!!!  Wink
Crazy action sequence at the end
Lots of familiar faces from the Borderlands universe

Next episode should be good and shake up thing a bit judging from the preview.

Edit: I started playing The Pre-Sequel recently. It’s pretty cool that the end Athena story in here ties directly into the beginning that game.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Finished episode 3 and I feel this was the best in the series so far. A good mix of action, story development and character development. The main characters seem to be adapting to everything in an interesting way leading us to new mechanics too which I like.

Despite the comedy nature of it sometimes, they’re actually building quite a compelling story that has me itching to see what happens. Just who is dragging them around Pandora I wonder.

Loader bot is cool. I hope they fix him

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 30 June 2015 04:25 PM

Just who is dragging them around Pandora I wonder.

I guess it has to be someone that is already part of the story but I can’t really see who for now. Maybe that blonde guy? (don’t remember the name)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 30 June 2015 07:17 PM
Tad - 30 June 2015 04:25 PM

Just who is dragging them around Pandora I wonder.

I guess it has to be someone that is already part of the story but I can’t really see who for now. Maybe that blonde guy? (don’t remember the name)

August? Maybe…I was thinking it’s a trick and it’s the girl from that spaceship on the moon that Rhys worked with.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I finished episode 3 and I thought it was a major improvement over episode 2 - I just hope episode 4.  Continues this trend.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Ridiculously forced out cliche action sequences,barely funny script moves further away from first episode’s suprising sensation.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

The third episode was really disappointing, reminded me of a bad episode of Archer.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Finished episode 4. I enjoyed it. There’s some little twists in the plot and a really funny scene with accountants (lol). It ends on a great point and whoever has picked the music in this series is doing a great job. They’re really finding some gems that fit the mood well.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 18 August 2015 04:45 PM

Finished episode 4. I enjoyed it. There’s some little twists in the plot and a really funny scene with accountants (lol). It ends on a great point and whoever has picked the music in this series is doing a great job. They’re really finding some gems that fit the mood well.

Later half in Corporate was great overall, treachery, possession, accountants, tourists etc.
I let him take control over my mind considering the tale is retelling of the events.
And the guy who is interrogating is probably a Vault hunter.

Gonna be my last TTG purchase, unless they do TWAU level job on Marvel game or beef up animations and engine.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Think I’m in the same boat there. Nothing coming out by them at the moment is grabbing me and considering how much success they’ve had, you’d expect them to get this engine running better by now.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

you’d expect them to get this engine running better by now.

I like their games and I will still buy them. However, you’d think they’d get them running better by now, although the new batch of games are still fun, I don’t see any progress in graphics or playability.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I think since TWDS2, they’ve moved even further away from gameplay sadly. At least in S1, you could walk around environments and explore areas like the school, hotel, farm etc. Now it seems like scenes to scene and nothing more. TWAUS1 was far better in this as you are a detective mind.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Well #4 is a borderline borderland episode allright.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Finished episode #4. The change of scenery was welcome. There was serious story development and I loved the “parody/fun” action scene in the middle of the game.

Also, great ending to the episode. Now I’m in total control of Hyperion with Handsome Jack on my side. Nice! Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally played episode 4 in preparation for the release of the final one next week.

What not expecting the Scooter death. Does this mean he won’t show up on Borderlands 3? Seems impossible.
The accountants scene… Perfect dose of absolutely ridiculous! Also shotting the unicorn Smile
The episode was still pretty funny like the rest of them but like always they start to limit interactions and make episodes shorter when you start to get to the end of the season…
Handsome Jack taking over was very predictable. Even when I tried to resist all the way since the start. I hope this is not a setup for him being the villain again in Borderlands 3… he was great but I’ve had enough of him.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top