• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anna’s Quest

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

This looks sooooooooooooooooo sweet!
Hope I got enough o-s to match my enthusiasm. Love its look, never knew anything about it, looking forward to it!  Heart

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

So far so good. There’s huge nods to Daedalic Entertainment’s other games in one particular spot Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Halfway through chapter 2 and first impressions are good. Like the art style and overall fairy tale theme. Puzzle are traditional point and click and already pretty devious sometimes. Voice acting and sound are a bit rough in spots.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The witches voice sounds great. The VA really twists her words around well. I’m about a third of the way through now and so far, I have no complaints about the puzzles. They’re explained well and I’m not having to click everything on anything nor jump from area to area in vain. The basic premise of the story is simple, but as you progress you start to see where earlier characters etc fit into it all leading to a simple but solid story.

As Wilco said, the art style and fairy tale themes mesh well in this and create a fun tone to it all.

My only gripe I suppose is the animation seems a bit rough in places (mainly lipsync).

I’ve played few traditional point and click adventure games this year (waiting for all of dreamfall chapters to be released), but so far, this has hands down been the best one of 2015. Even if it ends up not being the case at the end of the year, I suspect it will be floating around the top of most 2015 adventure awards.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’ll play it as soon as I return from my trip. I remember the first part really well and the game is one of my most anticipated for this year.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmmm, when i go to launch it in steam it asks me if i want to play the prologue or the game? Hmm.
bleah and now it doesnt seem to work.
edit: ok got it to work by launching it outside of steam.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Nice interview with the creator here.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

im officially enjoying this Smile
it somehow has a vibe thats a cross between edna&harvey; and night of the rabbit.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I agree. Very enjoyable game, I’m on chapter 5 and development on the story and new characters on the last 2 chapters were good, specially some stuff in chapter 4.
I never played the original release so I wasn’t really sure what to expect and I do agree with fov that the game has traces of classic King’s Quest (in a good way). Also fits great in Daedalic style and catalogue.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 04 July 2015 04:32 AM

Also fits great in Daedalic style and catalogue.

it certainly does, i just entered the antique shop and i can see at least 3 refences to daedalic games (clown hat, rufus suit, and harvey bunny).
Fits right in Smile

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Did any of you use TK on the hay stack outside the shop? Tongue

There’s also a Broken Sword reference later on…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And some more easter eggs later Smile

I’ve finished it now. Quality with good length classic point and click adventure, I think game keeps getting better with each chapter and ending is good and wraps up the story nicely.
I kind of withdraw my comments about the voice acting because it’s not really bad and new characters that keep showing are mostly very good.
Game has lots of locations and characters, it doesn’t really recycle like some adventures do, so it keeps things fresh.
I was surprised because I was not keeping an eye on it and ended up being some good fun.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just finished it myself and I have to agree. The story gets better with each chapter and it tells a great, but tragic story well. I stand by my last post about this being up there are one of the top adventure games this year, I really do. The puzzles were logical and well thought out. Maybe the only obscure one being the Swan Prince, but I did work that out eventually.

I look forward to seeing what Kram Designs does next.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oh yikes can you imagine: apparently some people who bought the game on steam had the credits roll after the first chapter, because they somehow got the preview/freeware version through steam.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-07-05

PM

Tad - 04 July 2015 05:49 PM

Maybe the only obscure one being the Swan Prince, but I did work that out eventually.

Could you please tell me, how you did it? I sit here since yesterday night and I neither can solve the problem with the swan prince, nor the problem with the owl…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top