• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 1 July

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Something that I’m sure has been posted in the past but is probably worth repeating.

Although an English language site very many people here have English as their second (or third or fourth) language. Add in the fact that first languages here are extremely divergent and idiomatics, tense, usage etc. will differ language to language then getting a uniform meaning/understanding will, at times, be difficult and misunderstandings will occur. And I stress misunderstandings. It is rare that posters here are deliberately confrontational, although it does happen from time to time, so, in trying to foster good and harmonious relationships, may I politely ask that if anyone thinks they’ve been insulted, misrepresented, what have you, then to cheerfully ask for clarification and not automatically assume that they’re “being got at”? I do appreciate that there will be times that a person(s) will read insult immediately because, to them, in their language or knowledge of English, it is an insult - but it most probably wasn’t meant that way at all. A post, or PM, for clarification can save an awful lot of angst both in the recipients mind and on the forums themselves.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed this discussion, but after viewing the playthrough, I had to laugh.  The player doing the video didn’t like the puzzle at all and had to use a walkthrough to solve it.  It does seem to take a bit of trial and error (i.e. dying a few times) to come up with the solution.  It does help to know that the dragon will take you up to her lair to have you for dinner.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have accepted Karlok’s apology and are prepared to move on without any ill will towards each other.

Let me also apologize for my public outburst, which probably should have been handled in PM instead.

giom - 02 July 2015 09:47 AM

Iznogoud, I’m sorry if I might have offended you in any way.

Not at all, my problem was never with you or Kurufinwe.
Discussing puzzles and running with it, wherever it takes us is what it is all about.

@Jabod: True words, which we can all benefit from remembering.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i love midweek puzzle scene, and love this discussion (seems i already late as everything had been already told and there is a state of war going down here at my land)  i wish it could be pushed into more days a week, than just once a week.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top