• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shenmue III

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

nomadsoul - 27 June 2015 12:00 AM

- Shenmue 3 won’t finish the story, Extra Salt Grin

Ah well, I’ve got to give him credit for sticking to his guns if he thinks condensing the story would water it down too much. I just hope IV (and maybe V) see the light of day.

nomadsoul - 26 June 2015 07:10 AM
TimovieMan - 26 June 2015 06:35 AM

Hee, hee, burn! Grin

Tongue

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

And another point from the Twitch recap:

Will we see an improvement in the graphics? Especially concerning Ryo’s face, I am not satisfied with how it looks right now. We are still in the development stage, and you can expect improvements as we go along.

I’m glad that he recognised how poor the character models look at the moment - I thought his standards had slipped. (Ryo doesn’t even look like the same character that appeared in the first two games!)

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

That never really bothered me. I mean Geralt’s face looks totally different in Witcher 1, 2, and 3, but I never really questioned it.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

This thing has dropped to a snails pace now sadly. Don’t think the KS has been ran very well mind. Syill, least we’re finally seeing another game in this universe. Just need to keep the ball rolling so 4 and maybe 5 gets develop afterwards.

For those wondering, after reading some of the nice comments on here, I’ve decided to just let the spat go and move on. As others have said, it’s not worth it.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 30 June 2015 04:03 PM

This thing has dropped to a snails pace now sadly. Don’t think the KS has been ran very well mind. Syill, least we’re finally seeing another game in this universe. Just need to keep the ball rolling so 4 and maybe 5 gets develop afterwards.

For those wondering, after reading some of the nice comments on here, I’ve decided to just let the spat go and move on. As others have said, it’s not worth it.

Great, welcome back. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2006-08-31

PM

Hello people!

We are here to talk about this great game called Shenmue. I believe some of you have heard about it and perhaps seen some pictures but still really don’t know what it’s all about. First we would like to share you a video that tells little bit about the game mechanics and why it’s so great.

The project for the financing of Shenmue 3 is on Kickstarter. The minimum amount for the creation was set at 2 million and was achieved. However, with 2 million the game will not be an open world and may not contain all the features you could see in the above video presentation. To be equal to the first two games on Dreamcast, Shenmue 3 would need funding of about 8-10 million. Plenty of people were confused and think that the game will be financed by Sony, which is false. Sony will just help in questions of marketing and production, the Kickstarter money is just for development video game and its source content:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/shenmue-3-creator-says-sony-wont-see-a-cent-of-kic/1100-6428436/

Kickstarter site -
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thanks. About the Kickstarter…

Seems as though a number of reasons have held this back. Awesome Japan are running it…not very awesomely…yeah, and the obscurity due to the lack Shenm1 and 2 being not very accessible. I’m hoping SEGA see this and port them over to the PC, but with SEGA you never know anymore.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I’ve never heard of the DreamCast game, most likely because it wasn’t released on a PC?

So, to sum it up: Is it 3rd person open world like Grand Theft Auto, but instead of shooting mechanics, you get fighting and QTE’s?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Sort of. At its most basic level, Ryo’s dad (Iwao) is murdered by a man called Lan di. Ryo decides to take revenge and a whole bigger story opens up from there. Set in the 80s, you get to explore an actual (and accurate) part of Japan looking for clues as to where Lan di is, but the game is much bigger then that. QTE’s feature in some cutscenes and the game features martial arts. Ryo was trained by his father in martial arts and the game sees Ryo try and get better as he goes after Lan di - who also knows another sort of martial arts and is far more advance.

As I said earlier though, there’s more to it then that though. In the game, you get to explore Japan and the game has the following:

Arcades - actual full versions of older SEGA games and darts etc to play.
Shopping - drinks, chocolate, batteries, karate moves etc to buy
Capsule toys to collect - all Sega releated like Sonic, Nights, Virtual fighter etc.
Side plots - Through talking to Ryo’s friends and other NPC’s etc
Training - train your fighting moves to unlock mastery level which is faster and more powerful

The game also features incredible systems:

Date and Time - the game remembers what the in game time, day, month and year is. If you take to long for example, Lan di will come back (I’d spoil it if I said why, but there is a reason). Certain things can happen all depending on this.

NPC’s - the game works off a day, month, year and time system that the NPC’S follow. If it’s 8-9am, they go to work (you can actually follow them going etc), if it’s lunch time, they’ll grab something to eat, if it’s 6pm, they’ll go home, shopping etc. It all depends on the time and date. If you’re in the right place where an NPC is at that time, they might tell you something you didn’t know by an hidden cut scene - like Ryo’s friend Nozomi needing help, or another friend teaching you a new move etc.

Weather - along with the time and date system, Shenmue also features a system that gives dynamic weather. If it’s summer, it’ll be hot. If it’s November/December, they’ll be snow - at Christmas time, you see Santa walking around and decorations up, snow on the floor and falling to the ground etc Smile

There’s so much detail in this game…and that’s just Shenmue l.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Corey Marshall has been confirmed as returning to do the voice of Ryo Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Tad - 30 June 2015 04:03 PM

Great to see you back Tad!

I’m a bit worried too, don’t think it’ll reach the 10 millions and I blame the media in part…

Now would be the perfect time for Sega to announce a port of the first two games to PC, it’d also help the kickstarter

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thank you Smile

I’m not too concerned as such, as we’re getting to see another part of the story (the 3rd of 4/5) regardless of if it’s not the same. With the money they’re probably going to raise, we’ll probably see something similar, just more stripped down.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2006-08-31

PM

Great how you described the game tad!  yeah amazing japan is bunch of amateurs which saddens me. hopefully we get some good rewards that are not limited for 6 people and also they start to do daily updates what is really going on. minimum should be 5 millions and hopefully we can achieve at least that. Yu said that we need 10 millions if we want the best possible shenmue experience but i have hard time to believe that we can get that. ok if yu does another kickstarter and so on then perhaps but not now.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The backlash of doing another KS for this would be…unheard off in my opinion. He really shouldn’t do it. The best chances would be paypal if he really wanted more. This does bring me onto another question though. What about Shenmue 4 and possibly 5? If these need kickstarting too then fine, but I really feel as though once Slll is out, S4 KS needs to be soon. This ball has been still for ages and it needs to keep rolling.

Yeah, Awesome Japan have done a pretty meh job, but to be fair, I don’t think the weird way the stretch goals have been laid out have helped either. Things like x4 betting/mini games on each location seem excessive. Think it might of been better to just have them both as stretch goals, but not to say the locations. Just have them scattered around.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The game still hasn’t left the 700s, it’s really losing momentum.
They need to change the rewards for more people to up their pledge. I think a physical PS4 incentive would do great.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top