• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Read Only Memories (ROM) Launch Date

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-07-16

PM

Hello everybody,

just wanted to leave some information, as I have been waiting for it for quite a while now: A launch date for Read Only Memories (ROM) by Midboss has been set with August 18, 2015 - according to the official website.

Of course, nobody knows if this deadline can be met, but for me it is a sign like the light at the end of the tunnel. Ever since playing the demo I have been waiting for that charming game to finally arrive. Look like it´s about that time now.

Who else is waiting for the game?

Thumbs Up  Cool

La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d\‘homme. Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux. (Albert Camus 1913-1960) <—This is a cool quote, so it´ll stay. My favourite games: Brothers - A Tale of two Sons, Gemini Rue, The Blackwell Series, Day of the Tentacle, Deponia, A New Beginning, etc. My favourite studio/label is currently Wadjet Eye Games, of course.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Thanks for the recommendation! Smile

I really love the vibe of the game (SF disco, yeah!) and Phoenix Wright tone in script. There’s lots of responses to meaningless interactions, which is exactly my cup of tea (yeah, I tried to combine spoiled milk with everything. Grin ). Puzzles are okay, but easy. one other thing they could improve is somewhat clunky interface.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv played this for about 5 hours, and i think its really great. It accurately captures the feel of playing a game like snatcher, while giving it that modern phoenix-wright-esq flare and appeal. Its got inventory puzzles and some exploration, while also being very text heavy and feeling like a visual novel. This is definitely worth some attention.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I got the game at launch because of exactly because of the snatcher similarities but I completely forgot about it since so much stuff got in the way. Good to see it’s good, I’ll have to get back to it.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

I agree with zane. This is a very good game. Few puzzles (it is not far from a visual novel), but great writing: very interesting work of science-fiction, full of details, with long dialogues that give a lot of depth to this futuristic world. It is low resolution pixel art, but well done and atmospheric. Technobabylon was good too, with a greater number of inventive puzzles, but ROM captivated me even more.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’ve started up this game after seeing a bit of a Giant Bomb Quick Look.

It really nails the style of Snatcher while having its own identity. The game is tailored to LGBT audiences, which was a bit of a surprise, but the story and design can attract all cyberpunk fans.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top