• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

diego - 23 May 2015 06:05 AM

Everyone’s a Zobraks these days…

Tongue

Uh, sorry I’m not up on the terminology, but what’s a “Zobraks”? I mean besides the AG forum member who posts here on occasion? Is it an acronym for something, like those game titles people use that I (almost) never understand?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zobraks is a mighty bear who likes to shit in some number of threads among some other.
Sorry mike but this is serious I could not let it pass.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Mike the Wino - 23 May 2015 11:10 AM

I mean besides the AG forum member who posts here on occasion?

On occasion? Zobraks has 2049 forum replies. That constitutes more than “on occasion”. Oh, you mean this thread?! He stopped posting here entirely, but don’t worry - he’ll be back.

Everyone is expecting his return because of his gentle and kind hints.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

diego - 23 May 2015 01:03 PM

Eeeep!  Gasp   Sounds like I might have stepped in something I should have avoided! I really don’t watch these threads often enough to note most of the dynamics that go on here, so I can only guess as to the nature of your and Advie’s responses. I’m surmising that I shouldn’t have posted my reply to Sir Beardalot with spoiler tags on the parts that might have given other readers a hint? If that’s the case, it won’t happen again! Sorry!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Is the game Traitor’s Gate Sir Beardalot?

Thanks for the hint Mike the Wino & if my answer’s right you will need to go & join zobraks in exile! (Only kidding! Naughty)

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Wellll, that answers that!  Neutral

Curiosity got the better of me, so I went back about 15 pages in this thread, and it appears the only replies with a spoiler tagged bit was authored by me! So now I see that’s probably a no-no.

I’m a member on a bunch of forums, but I’m not the most forum savvy person out here so I better go brush up on my etiquette. I’m gonna leave the door wide open here, but can anyone tell me where to go (do that)?  Tongue

(Just kidding, too. I can go look that up on the internets using that google thing….)

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hey! Please don’t go away Mike the Wino - you weren’t to know that hints on any of the ‘guessing the game’ threads are not the way to go but all comments (in spoiler tags if needed) are most welcome on any of the other threads!  Smile

NB I did come cross that screenshot anyway while browsing for DarkEye’s quiz!  Laughing

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Mike the Wino - 23 May 2015 11:10 AM

Uh, sorry I’m not up on the terminology, but what’s a “Zobraks”? I mean besides the AG forum member who posts here on occasion? Is it an acronym for something, like those game titles people use that I (almost) never understand?

Pulling a zobraks means that you know what game a particular screenshot is from, and you want everybody to know that you know, but you’re not telling them the name. You give hints instead

diego - 23 May 2015 01:03 PM

LOL!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

chrissie - 23 May 2015 03:44 PM

Hey! Please don’t go away Mike the Wino….

I won’t…because you asked me so nicely to stay!  Wink

karlok - 23 May 2015 04:12 PM

Pulling a zobraks means that you know what game a particular screenshot is from, and you want everybody to know that you know, but you’re not telling them the name. You give hints instead.

Now that’s funny! I guess I’m going to have to pay closer attention to those dynamics I’ve been missing out on!  Smile  Anyway, I see the point…no more hints on this thread. Makes sense!

Total Posts: 289

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

zobraks is the best game screen shot guesser of all time.  Me, not so much.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

oh goodness, sorry for me and mike opening a can of worms Meh

chrissie you are correct! your turn Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Hey Lakerz….I don’t know about zobraks’ prowess….I think Lady Kestrel is one of the best, at least since I’ve been watching and contributing to this thread. She always seems to get mine right. Don’t mean to leave out the other gurus….and there are plenty!  Laughing

Total Posts: 289

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Lady Kestrel is also possessing a very keen memory for screen shots.  Plenty of skilled guessers that participate.  My one and only shining moment was when I finally picked a series of screen shots for a game that not even the mighty zobraks could figure out.  It took some doing!

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

lakerz - 23 May 2015 10:53 PM

zobraks is the best game screen shot guesser of all time.

That’s a very bold statement!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Now look what you’ve done, lakerz. Hehehe…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top