• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Really interesting match in an interesting tournament.

I really like Murphy, but every match he started strongly and then seemed to loose focus or concentration or something and just went off the boil. Luckily it didn’t matter too much until the final. Bingham was amazing, just kept going and going and what little weakness there was in his game wasn’t punished enough by Murphy.

I think that frame at 15-15 was key in the end, over an hour and you had to feel that whoever lost that was going to cave in - and it wouldn’t be Bingham!

Also I do think that this marks the start of Ronnie O’Sullivan’s decline and definitely the start of Anthony McGill’s rise to great things.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Intense Degree - 05 May 2015 04:59 AM

I think that frame at 15-15 was key in the end, over an hour and you had to feel that whoever lost that was going to cave in - and it wouldn’t be Bingham!

I agree, that was the crucial frame.

I’m glad to see Bingham take the tournament. He’s been outstanding throughout (in his win against O’Sullivan and especially in that thriller against Trump), and I was in fact rooting for him (I tend to favour the underdog).
It’s a great reward for a long career, and proof that hard work can pay off, and that age doesn’t matter in the game… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

The voting results are underway in the UK and it’s painting a very grim picture. The Tories will be staying in government and this time without the Lib dems to stop them being so cruel.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I guess they won because of the promise to organize a referendum to stay or leave the EU? Or did I misunderstand that?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Think a few people have been left baffled. An in/out ref might be the reason for some, but beyond that, who knows.

Personally, I think it’s down to the fact their wasn’t really much of a challenge against them. The Lib dems had developed a completely untrue and harsh reputation as power hungry push overs by the media while the real competition (Labour) were beyond pathetic really.

Labour, Lib Dems and Ukip leaders have all resigned since the loss.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

But the Ukips were quite popular according to Dutch TV news. How come they didn’t win much?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Sort of.

The voting system is sort of broken. People can vote for representatives from each party in their area in the UK, but only one with the most votes gets a seat in parliament. The more seats you have, that party wins like the conservatives did.

The problem is thousands in each area voted and if their representative doesn’t win, their vote means nothing.

The problem here though is UKIP, greens and Labour all has thousands of votes yet got far fewer seats. Ukip for example had about 1.2 million votes in the whole of the UK, but only gained 2 seats. The SNP in Scotland had similar votes and got 59 seats - that’s all but 3 available in Scotland.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Looks a bit like the American system.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SNP Tidal wave for the win. Sweeping the nation Yellow had unintended consequences though.

The English voters scared of a powerful Scotland with Labour in it’s pocket caused a rush to vote Tory.

Now Scotland has 56 seats at Westminster where it previously had 6, but probably cant do much with it with a majority gov in charge.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s England that I’m worried about. Despite what the media say, the Lib Dems did hold back the tories in the coalition. You only have to look at the 75% they did achieve in their manifesto to see it.

Now the tories are on their own, they’ll push for the powers to stop Wales and Scottish representatives from voting on english law. Meaning Tories will have far more chance of pushing policies through due to the lack of those voting against it. England need the SNP now to fight for the left.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

*pops in* England! *pops out*

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

England? Don’t you mean Great Britain?

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

In other news, I’m back from a fantastic vacation at my dear friends Maria and Marcel’s place in Switzerland! We had fantastic weather, saw a great deal of beautiful stuff and ate far too much ice cream. And now I am confused. Is the greenhouse in Carol Reed’s Time Stand Still the one in the Botanical Garden in Basel? Especially the inside looks very much the same.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

French Open Tennis final yesterday was amazing, did anyone see it??

Though Novak is my fav player, Stan totally deserved the victory , he had his beast mode ON, throughout.

Great drama and rallies.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 June 2015 09:22 PM

French Open Tennis final yesterday was amazing, did anyone see it??

Though Novak is my fav player, Stan totally deserved the victory , he had his beast mode ON, throughout.

Great drama and rallies.

Completely forgot about it. Stan won?!?!? Did not expect it

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top