• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Choosing awful parliaments/governments seems to be a trend in Europe. Our government is desperately trying to break down our social security and succeeding quite well. At the same time they saved many billions on the national budget, using measures that will cost loads of money in the long term.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yup, we’re in the middle of an election in the UK too and the political mudslinging and childish behaviour etc is in full swing. It’s definitely going to be a hung parliament and another coalition between two or more parties in power which has made the campaigns far more heated. The reason why it’s going to be another coalition though is due to them all being pretty awful. That’s not just me being cynical either.

You have Labour who seem incompetent, the tories who hurt the most vulnerable, the lib dems who are struggling due to breaking pledges and were seen as being under the thumb in the last coalition. Ukip who are just too right wing and greens who are simply bonkers.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I just watched a wonderful Vietnamese movie (I think) called The Scent of the Green Papaya and it made me realize again how much the usual Western (Hollywood) movies always force the traditional drama arc - and how much it’s actually completely unnecessary, even detrimental. It’s so refreshing to watch something that doesn’t force drama down every change, and it shows how conditionalized one is to it that you’re constantly expecting those things to happen. Why do things always have to go really badly at some point (and why do you have to force it on the viewer, as (faux-)emotionally as possible)? You might even say that ot’s not fair to the viewer to make them constantly brace for the inevitable bad things to happen. And why does everything always have to be a clear-cut story with a beginning, a middle and an end? That’s not even how life is. And many of the best movies actually break from that…

Anyways, that’s what’s on my mind rigt now, though I have trouble saying what I really mean in English. I’m just really quite tired of the Hollywood-storytelling, I guess.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Why can’t I keep up with the forums like I used to? Arg!

*waves to everyone*

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

*waves frantically back*

You can’t keep up because of alternative reality games? Gasp

Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Holy crap, the way Shaun Murphy is playing at the moment, I fail to see how Stuart Bingham can still take the Snooker World Championship… Gasp

Also, is it just me, or is Shaun Murphy looking more and more like David Cameron? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lol and I’m watching Canvas right now; a nice nature documentary Smile

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 03 May 2015 03:21 PM

Holy crap, the way Shaun Murphy is playing at the moment, I fail to see how Stuart Bingham can still take the Snooker World Championship… Gasp

Also, is it just me, or is Shaun Murphy looking more and more like David Cameron? Tongue

He’s doing his best to throw away a nice lead.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 03 May 2015 04:53 PM

He’s doing his best to throw away a nice lead.

9-8. Perfect score for tomorrow’s sessions. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Is snooker a big deal in Belgium, Britain, etc.? Here, you never hear about it.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Well, I’m sure it is in Britain, as it’s one of those classic bristish (or commonwealth) sports. It used to be popular (to watch) in Holland aswel, but that was way back in the days of Stephen Hendry and Jimmy White.

It certainly seems to have cooled down over here and it’s quite rare you ever see it on television, aside from the BBC or perhaps Canvas.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s not a big thing in Belgium, but snooker does have its share of fans and players here. It won’t show on Belgian TV either (unless Luca Brecel suddenly starts living up to his potential), but I’m an avid BBC watcher. Tongue

That said, just saw both Murphy and Bingham make spectacularly difficult clearances. Great final, imo.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Last session and Bingham is 15:14 ahead. First to 18 this could go either way.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yet another snooker final that’ll last until well after midnight here. Once again, I’ll be tired at work.

Not that that’s any different from other days with a toddler and a baby in the house. Innocent

Edit: unlucky in-off for Bingham. This is one tense final. Cool

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well Done Bingham. 20 years making up the numbers and now he’s world champion.

Just goes to show you it’s never too late and patience and hard work sometimes work out.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top