• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 28 (No change)

9 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted Tower, Lady Kestrel-leader Dark Flight, Tim-leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky, Millenia, Uruboo, chrissie)
7 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood, chrissie, harald)
5 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, furgotten, Becky, chrissie, crabapple)
3 Depths of Betrayal (Tim-leader, Sefir, TimovieMan)
3 Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Sefir, Becky, furgotten)
2 Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest (Tim-leader, Sefir)
2 Namariel Legends: Iron Lord (Becky, Tim)
1 Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father (Becky)

Voting closes on January 31. Only three days away. Remember, you can add more games to your “vote for” list at any time. You can also change your mind about a game you voted for. Nothing is cast in stone until the voting closes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of January 29 (No change)

Unless there are any objections, I plan on closing the vote tomorrow, January 30. There has been no change in the vote for four days. All the usual suspects (voters) have been accounted for. I’ve already pulled the two games that received no votes, and, other than the Dire Grove duo, I can’t see any other game having a chance to overtake the Drawn trilogy.

9 Drawn trilogy (played in sequence) (Sefir-leader Painted Tower, Lady Kestrel-leader Dark Flight, Tim-leader Trail of Shadows, TimovieMan, Iznogood, Becky, Millenia, Uruboo, chrissie)
7 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood, chrissie, harald)

Voting closes tomorrow, January 30. Remember, you can still add games to your “vote for” list. You can also still change your mind about a game you voted for.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just looked, and I still have all 3 Drawn games on my computer.  I’m looking forward to a replay of them.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’ll add a vote for Dire Grove: Sacred Grove.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

FINAL vote as of January 30

We have a winner! Very close. Nine votes for Drawn trilogy. Eight votes for the Dire Grove duo. At least it wasn’t another tie.  Wink Sefir is leading the first game, Painted Tower. Lady Kestrel will lead the second, Dark Flight, and Tim (aka me) will lead Trail of Shadows. I’m sure as soon as Sefir is ready to start, a message will be posted and TimovieMan will pin the playthrough.

In my opinion this is, without doubt, the greatest series in Casual Gaming. So much so that many regular AG players adopted it even though it came from BFG Game Studios.

It’s different than any casual you’ve played before. Enjoy!

8 Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence) (Tim-leader Dire Grove, Lady Kestrel-leader Sacred Grove, Sefir, TimovieMan, Iznogood, chrissie, herald, furgotten)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I will open the appropriate thread in the following days.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 30 January 2015 04:58 PM

I will open the appropriate thread in the following days.

I think if we start anytime during the first week of February that would be great. I know you’re still working on the AG playthrough so there’s no rush. I’m just happy we have a full complement of leaders for the trilogy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve got all three games installed and ready to go. I have the CE for Drawn 2 and 3. Didn’t find a CE for The Painted Tower, though. Did I overlook it, or does it not have one?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I can’t find any evidence of a CE for the first Drawn game on Big Fish either. I own the SE, and I think I would have bought the CE if one had been available. I don’t remember for sure, but it would appear that there is no CE for the first Drawn game (I have the CEs for the 2nd and 3rd games).

I agree that there’s no hurry to get started. Maybe it would be best to wait until after the last chapter in The Whispered World playthrough is launched?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

No need to get your undies in a bunch, yet.

I think it would be a good time to think about another playthrough.

I’m also thinking that I will post roll-over candidates on March 1, and we’ll go forward from there.

But this does show, as TimovieMan surmised, that conversation on the Casual Games thread is in inverse proportion to Playthrough activity. My objective is to reach a happy medium. I.e. Playthrough activity shouldn’t adversely affect game conversation.

So, start thinking about nominees.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There was a big conversation over on the AGCPT thread regarding the nominating/voting process.

Seeing as I participate in both venues, I’m interested in what people think here.

They decided to wipe out all previous votes and start from scratch. My thought is to bring forward the dominant vote-getters, and go forward from there. If a game that got zero votes gets re-nominated so-be-it.

If anyone has some thoughts as to how we might improve the nominating/voting process. let’s hear them.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Frankly, the nomination/voting process works as it is now, imo. Why risk complicating things by overthinking them?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 24 April 2015 06:39 AM

Frankly, the nomination/voting process works as it is now, imo. Why risk complicating things by overthinking them?

Seconded

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! Is everyone ready to start a new Casual Playthrough?

Following are all the games that received votes. All the listed games are available from Big Fish Games. When nominating new games please give a brief synopsis of the game. I’m fairly certain that all games have a demo.

Dire Grove, Dire Grove - Sacred Grove (played in sequence)
9: The Dark Side
Depths of Betrayal
Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison
Rite of Passage - Child of the Forest
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord
Dark Strokes - Sins of the Father

We’re now open for new nominations and voting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll repeat my votes from last time:

- Dire Grove / Dire Grove - Sacred Grove
- 9: The Dark Side
- Depths of Betrayal

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top