• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 18 April 2015

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It was also Traitors Gate.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No, it’s not Traitors Gate. It’s someone playacting. (Some parts of the video are really in the game.) I was looking for a screenshot, annoyed that there were so few, and I did the diagonal quickety-quick scanning. So I spotted a guy who looked like the guy on the game box and I didn’t think twice. I should have known better, even though it’s been so many years, because Traitors Gate doesn’t have that type of FMV.

In my defense: the transitions and video clips never played right for me. They were there, but very blurred. The game was still playable, but I missed things.

PS: I swear that the new screenshot is real. It’s from the game on my win98 computer.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That Traitors Gate spoof is very funny, Diego.

Mystery Manor has many screenshots for Traitors Gate.  It was a tough game to play and the premise was silly, but I enjoyed it, except for the sleeping gas puzzle.  After about 10 tries, I looked at a walkthrough to get through it.  Many people didn’t like the sewer maze, but that didn’t bother me.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 18 April 2015 06:08 PM

I posted the wrong screenshot, can you believe that?

I can’t believe it.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 19 April 2015 02:06 AM
Karlok - 18 April 2015 06:08 PM

I posted the wrong screenshot, can you believe that?

I can’t believe it.

Cry

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I only made it partway through this one. I got stuck in the sewers (undoubtedly the maze Lady K spoke of) and finally consulted a walkthrough. From the walkthrough I learned that I hadn’t done something early on in the game that made it impossible to see the ending.

Goodbye, Traitor’s Gate! It was fun while it lasted!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I liked it because I’ve been to the Tower of London several times and have also passed the gate itself while boating on the Thames.  It’s really fun to me to visit a place virtually that I’ve seen in real life.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I think it would be great if the game portrays the place accurately. Did it?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I can’t vouch for the sewers and the behind-the-scenes areas, of course, but the tourist displays, royal chambers, and gift shop were accurate.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 April 2015 05:36 PM

I can’t vouch for the sewers and the behind-the-scenes areas, of course, but the tourist displays, royal chambers, and gift shop were accurate.

This game came up in discussion on the Casual Games thread. From what I’ve see in maps in various WTs, the layout of the game is pretty much spot on. Granted, I’m not going into the sewer to test that hypothesis.

I liked the first game despite the bugs crabapple pointed out. (Again, in the Casual Games thread.) I never played the second game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top